Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Civil, Structural and Architectural Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 6 month contract and paying competitively on a Ltd, Umbrella or PAYE basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately Dual nationals will not be considered.
The Senior Design Engineer (CS&A) shall undertake the production of PRS shortfall closure justifications and detailed designs in accordance with regulatory design guides and standards.
The Senior Design Engineer (CS&A) shall work amongst a multi-discipline Engineering team under the direction of the Principal Engineering Manager.
Production of Engineering design solution to close-out shortfall
* Review Design Assessment Reports (DAR) to establish PRS shortfall context
* Identify Specific Safety Functional Requirements (SSFR) associated with shortfall context
* Identify Specific Safety Component(s) (SSC) associated with shortfall context
* Undertake plant walk-down surveys to establish baseline form, fit, function of SSC
* Liaise with Assurance and Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) to define SSC specific shortfall
* Develop design solutions (options, concepts, detailed, implementation strategies, validation methods)
* Produce Minor Alteration and Addition (MAA) documents (including calculations, drawings)
* Produce Design Assessment Reports (DSR) documents (including calculations, drawings)
* Lead technical design reviews and manage stakeholder comments and acceptance
* Support Asset Change Board (ACB) submissions
Production of Concept / Detail design solutions
* Perform technical review of CS&A survey reports and develop remediation conceptual designs
* Undertake site walk-downs to confirm Implementation feasibility of conceptual design solutions
* Produce detail design solutions based on Constructability vs. performance benefits optioneering
* Produce Technical Specifications supporting Installation / Manufacture phase of remediation works
* Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering.
* Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
* Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
* Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements.
* Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
* Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
* Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
* Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
* Review and check Design Engineers work.
* Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Experience of working in a highly regulated environment
* Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards applicable to engineering design,
* Working within multi-discipline groups producing designs across the life of an asset
* ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
* Able to work on a nuclear licensed site and explosives areas
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.