Sitec are looking to recruit a Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based at our clients Warwick offices and is paying competitively up to £35,000 - £45,000 per annum.
An ambitious Senior Engineer is required to help develop the infrastructure capability of a growing Civil and Structural department. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD and will be keen to mentor graduate engineers / technicians in both technical design aspects and BIM software integration. A thorough understanding of earthworks design, below ground foul and surface water drainage design, pavement design, external works and 3D underground services co-ordination is required.
* Undertake all aspects of infrastructure design work on a range of project sizes across the following sectors: Aviation, Public Sector, Rail, Power, defence and Life Sciences.
* Act as a technical authority for Infrastructure Design across all UK offices.
* Contribute to the development and mentoring of junior staff and the continual improvement of our department BIM capabilities.
* Be highly proficient in AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Perform all technical and departmental duties as listed above.
* Keep up to date with drainage design trends / customer awareness / design techniques.
* Review specialist subcontractor's supplier's production drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
* Carry out technical design reviews/critiques of projects in progress.
* Represent the client in external project technical meetings and site visits if required.
* Assist with developing staff by recommending appropriate training.
Qualifications and Training
* HNC/ HND Civil Engineering and / or recognised Engineering Degree
* Professional membership of an appropriate body (CIHT, ICE, IHE etc.) would be beneficial
* Full UK Driving Licence
Technical Skills and Experience
* Technically competent in all aspects of Infrastructure design and co-ordination
* Ideally the candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
o Storm, foul and process drainage network design
o Attenuation solutions and / or specification
o Planning, designing and implementing SUDS
o Ground level modelling and underground services coordination using Civils 3D
o Flexible and rigid pavement design
o Independent liaison with statutory authorities
o Undertaking Private and Public Highways (S38), Adoptable Public Sewers (S104) and Highway Improvement Works (S278) agreements
o Project delivery within some of the sectors we operate within
* Full understanding and delivery of assurance/sign off requirements.
* Up to date with adoptable standards and practices.
* Proven track record of exceptional project delivery and client satisfaction.
* Proven ability to work within a fully integrated, multidiscipline design team.
* Experience of using Bentley MicroStation and Revit would be beneficial.
* Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
* Excellent IT skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.