Sitec are looking to recruit a Senior Civil & Structural Engineer for our client who is an engineering and design consultancy. The role is permanent and based in Salford and paying competitively up to £35,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Produce comprehensive civil and structural design packages for all aspects of civil and structural design.
Lead the delivery of civil and structural design packages across multiple projects, as part of a single or multi discipline design team, carry out any or all stages of civil and structural design from concept to completion across sectors including some of the following:
* Science and technology
* Manufacturing and Life Sciences.
* Public Sector buildings
* Power Sector
* Defence & Nuclear
Skills and Experience
Manage and undertake Civil & Structural Engineering Design
Carry out technical design reviews/critiques of projects in process
Assist in the mentoring and development of more junior engineers including training and planning
Fully Conversant with current codes, standards and responsibilities under CDM and health and safety regulations.
Proven ability to work within a fully integrated, multi-discipline design team.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
* Day-to-day management of small C&S project team
* Contribute to wider development of C&S department capabilities
* Lead C&S design delivery across single projects or part of larger projects in single- or multi- discipline teams
* Implement 'Perfect Delivery'
* Report on project performance to Associate or Senior Engineer
* Tender preparation for projects of all sizes, including fee estimates
* Have detailed technical knowledge of civil and structural design methods and standards
* Be open to and encourage innovation and sustainability
* Mentor, train and develop junior engineers
* Support individuals to maximise performance
Qualifications and training
* Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer CEng MICE/ MIStructE
* Appropriate depth and breadth of experience
* Detailed knowledge of current C&S design codes & standards
* Experienced in discharging responsibilities under CDM and health and safety regulations
* Experience and knowledge of broad range of civil and structural design, including:
* Building structures
* Foundation design
* Earthworks and site investigations
* External Works Design
* Experience of project delivery within some of the sectors we operate within
* Familiar with relevant technical standards and assurance processes
* Proven ability to work within a fully integrated, multi-discipline design team
* Personal skills
* Good communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to see the job through
* Awareness of own limits and happy to seek assistance if where required
* Flexible & open minded
* Willingness to embrace change
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.