Sitec are looking to recruit a 2 Senior CAD Technicians and a CAD Technician for our client who are a leading UK construction and regeneration company. The roles are an initial 6 month contracts with a view to be renewed again after this time for a further 12 months and is based on a Nuclear site near Reading. The hours are 40 per week and paying competitively up to £31.00 per hour on a Ltd / Umbrella basis for the Senior position and £28.00 per hour for the CAD Technician role.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment.
* A member of the CAD Services Team reporting to the CAD Supervisor. Responsibility for the delivery of drawing configuration using Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Ensure the SLI process is followed and file management adhered to.
* Effective management of time to ensure project timeframes are met
* Ensuring task completion is within budgeted constraints and agreed timeframe
* Ensure robust application of CAD Standards and client site procedures
* Ensure a safe working environment and that all equipment is fit for purpose reporting any failures to operational management team.
* Promote "Right first time" and "Zero defects" behaviour within team.
* Ensuring that the quality of CAD drawings are compliant with CAD standards.
* Adequate exploration of appropriate and most efficient technical solutions to meet client requirements & draw on support of management input.
* Produce schematics, models, general arrangement and detailed drawings within the built environment and in accordance with client Standards and procedures. (Architectural, Civil & Structural, MEP).
* Undertake updates and modifications of drawings in accordance with client standards and procedures in support of owner / operator.
* Liaise and operate effectively within the CAD team to ensure the co-delivery of our projects on time and to budget.
* Complete site surveys, ensuring redline information is recorded accurately and efficiently.
* Generate drawings accurately and efficiently from survey / redline information
* Ensuring service level indicators are met and adhered to, with a focus on 'right first time' delivery.
* Identify opportunities and recommendations for increasing workflow efficiencies
* Process and check incoming drawings from contractors & suppliers.
* Maintaining and updating record drawings in accordance with client standards and procedures.
* Maintaining drawing records and ensuring accurate document control.
* Undertaking configuration for the life of a project.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of technical standards and regulatory requirements for data management
* Good understanding of the lifecycle of data
* Advanced knowledge of construction & engineering methods and processes.
* Advanced knowledge of the common data environment and Electronic Data Management Systems.
* Understanding of project fee spend and deliver commercial objectives.
Qualifications and Training
* HNC/D in an engineering subject or equivalent.
Technical Skills and Experience
* Working within a CAD team as a multidiscipline resource
* Management and manipulation of 2D CAD information within a common data environment (CDE).
* Working on multi discipline construction & engineering projects.
* Awareness of the existence of building construction and process equipment design data is an advantage
* Advanced technical skills including problem solving and decision making
* Good oral, written and presentational skills
* Good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel
* Good working knowledge of standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases
* Good AutoCAD operation and file management.
* Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk MEP and Autodesk Architecture
* Good working knowledge of Navisworks and Revit
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.