Sitec are looking to recruit a Senior High Voltage CAD Technician for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based at our clients London offices and is paying competitively up to £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
Our client has grown rapidly in the Transmission & Distribution sector over the last five years and has been successful in winning a number of key projects within the UK. As the demand to deliver exceptional engineering design to our clients continues to grow, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior CAD Technician to be based in our London office.
The Senior CAD Technician role will be reporting to the Power Sector Director and will be responsible for carrying out draughting with AutoCAD, Microstation and other design tools.
The candidate must have proven experience in the transmission and distribution sector and must have a reasonable understanding of technical aspects of High Voltage (HV) Underground Cables, Overhead lines (OHL) and Substations, as well as presenting good communication skills.
The candidate's key objectives shall include:
* Provide a CAD service to our customers that excels by delivering first class service.
* Liaise with the multi-disciplined CAD team to assist in the delivery of projects.
* Inspire exchange of knowledge with other technicians and engineers.
* Promote and achieve Perfect Delivery throughout the team.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The principal responsibilities and accountabilities of the candidate will be:
* Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic design solutions to the customer brief.
* Contribute to the training and development of the CAD team members as required.
* Ensure a safe working environment.
* Promote a culture of Perfect delivery within the team.
* Promote and achieve continuous improvement throughout the team.
* Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to the relevant standards.
* Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and recording of documentation.
* Produce schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures.
* Maintain drawing records and ensure accurate document control.
* Communicate and collaborate with the other CAD disciplines.
* Provide support to graduates in their professional development.
* Develop positive relationships with customers.
* Participate in knowledge sharing across the team and other offices.
* Attend and occasionally present in-house CAD courses and seminars.
* Keep up to date with design trends, competitor awareness and design techniques.
Qualifications and Training
The ideal candidate is required to have a proven track record of design in the technical fields of HV Underground Cables, Primary Substation Equipment & OHL Draughting, in particular the following market sectors:
* Transmission and distribution substations
* HV underground cables
* Overhead lines (OHL)
The candidate shall be ideally proficient, certainly familiar with the following CAD platforms & software:
* AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
* Bentley Microstation
* Autodesk Revit
The minimum required qualification is HNC level. Ideally, the candidate will have achieved EngTech MIET or MICE status, or will be working towards that.
Technical Skills and Experience
The candidate shall possess the following skills and experience:
* High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT would be an advantage but not essential.
* High level of proficiency in the use of Bentley Microstation 2D software. Working knowledge of 3D would be an advantage but not essential.
* Previous CAD experience, preferably in the majority of the following market sectors: high voltage transmission and distribution, underground cables, OHLs, substations and utilities & infrastructure.
* Ability to prioritise own workload and undertake instructions from the engineering staff.
* Ability to produce drawings accurately and efficiently from survey information.
* Ability to work accurately and methodically under strict deadlines.
* Strong, demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style.
* High levels of creativity, imagination, vision and enthusiasm to produce distinctive solutions.
* A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole.
* Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to deal with multiple tasks.
* Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality, always attempting to exceed customer expectations.
* Competent numeracy and literacy skills.
* Ability to work well within a team of other professionals.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.