Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Buyer for a Nuclear Site in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on a PAYE/Umbrella basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Disclosure Scotland clearance prior to appointment.
To lead procurement activities against a predetermined range of goods and services contributing to the overall objectives of the department by adding value and enhancing customer service.
* Assist in the continuous development of the Companies Procurement function towards best practice.
* Identify and deliver value adding opportunities from the supply chain.
* Develop and / or select appropriate contract terms & conditions for a controlled supply set in accordance with authorisation policies.
* Lead negotiations / tender exercises for a predetermined range of goods and services.
* Place contracts / Purchase Orders for assigned supply set, adopting appropriate effective contract management techniques.
* Release higher value Purchase Orders against Outline / Group Agreements.
* Use Agresso to create / amend Purchase Orders.
* Assist in the collation and presentation of procurement based reports.
* Assist individuals with issues and problems on a local site by site basis.
* Line management responsibilities.
* Provide guidance / support to members of the Procurement team and broader company community.
* Provide assistance and support to the Procurement Managers within the company as and when required.
* Support Procurement Managers with respect to high value tenders ensuring compliance with EU procurement directives.
* Production of procurement reports and analysis in line with periodic reporting.
* Use of appropriate terms & conditions.
* Responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
* Savings achieved.
* Purchase Order processing.
* Adhering to all legislative, regulatory and company procedures / standards e.g. safety, quality, risk, security.
* Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or working towards a Professional membership.
* Degree qualified.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a procurement environment.
* Ability to understand technical requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal skills - confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications.
* Public Contract Regulations (PCR) experience.
* Knowledge of Agresso
* General commercial / business experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.