Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Business Developer for our client based in Farnborough. This role is very much a business development role to help establish our clients product in the telecoms arena - developing new connections and relationships and to expand awareness to the market.
This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and the pay is up to £45.00 p/hr LTD Company.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
A vacancy has arisen for a new Head of Connectivity role within the Zephyr Programme for our client. Zephyr is a world leading High Altitude Pseudo Satellite, and a broad and potentially profound range of new business opportunities are envisaged based on this platform in commercial communications and related services.
The Head of Connectivity will develop and lead a new commercial connectivity service business exploiting this unique capability.
TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Create and then deliver a practical, pragmatic and high confidence business plan covering all the vital aspects of a complete business; product and services definition, segment and customer specific value propositions, business models, pricing, go-to-market and sales strategy and as required partnering - to build in our client a global, scalable & high volume multi-segment services business including the necessary service delivery capabilities for commercial connectivity.
- Define and align the business requirements for the connectivity solution with all stakeholders including anchor customers and partners.
- Establish and lead integrated project team(s) as required to deliver the connectivity business.
- Define commercial connectivity services business development projects with anchor customers and partners with whom we potentially co-create products and services that reach into broad, scalable high value and high volume global businesses.
- Explore, formulate and negotiate commercial partnerships, eco-systems or similar that further build differentiation and sustainable business growth.
- Maintain and develop the necessary cross-company internal eco-system such that Zephyr-Commercial capabilities can strengthen and expand their established and emerging business activities.
- Deliver the P&L.
Required skills and experience
- 10+ years of experiences in business development and delivery within Telecoms oriented industry.
- Experience of leading R&D activities.
- Understanding of the latest trends and evolutions in the Communications/Network industry.
- Broad industry and academic knowledge as well as deep subject matter knowledge in at least one of several Telecommunications and Satellite technologies:
- IMS : IP Multimedia Subsystem
- HSDPA : High Speed Downlink Packet Access
- MOBILE TV
- MVNO : Mobile Virtual Network Operator
- IPv6 : Internet Protocol Version 6
- 5G : 5th Generation Mobile Networks
- IoT : Internet of Things
- Awareness of different worldwide national telecom/spectrum policies and factoring this into our companies future setup.
- Ability to define, develop and lead programmes in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Analytical and data-driven, with a focus to deploy the new business in line with company Digitalization strategy.
- Proven track record of organizational leadership in cross-functional teams across locations, language markets and working styles.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment.
- Should have lived in/worked in at least 2 countries.
- High willingness to travel.
Based in Farnborough, UK, this role will report into the Zephyr Programme Manager in the UAS programme line.
Travel - Regular international business travel will be required to support the growth of the business.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.