Sitec are looking to recruit a Senior Building Services Mechanical Engineer for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based in Manchester and paying competitively up to £35,000 to £45,000 per annum.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Lead the delivery of mechanical services scope of work across multiple projects, as part of a single or multi discipline design team.
* Carry out any or all stages of mechanical design from concept to completion as required by the project.
* Lead the preparation of enquires for potential major projects, including generation of man-hours estimates.
* Lead a multi-disciplinary design team where required.
* Report on project technical and financial performance to Director.
* Actively contribute to the development of the department.
* Assure the quality of design by junior team members
* Assist in the mentoring and development of more junior engineers.
* To be recognised for exceptional delivery with our clients
Qualifications and Training
* Degree qualified in either Mechanical Engineering or Building Services or related
* A professional registration (CEng/IEng) is preferred
Technical Skills and Experience
* A comprehensive, current knowledge base of all mechanical building and infrastructure services.
* Technical knowledge of mechanical building services
* Proven and demonstrable track record of exceptional project delivery and client satisfaction in both technical and commercial aspects.
* Experience of major projects within a variety of business sectors (typically industrial process, Manufacturing, Power Generation, Aviation, Education, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical)
* Fully familiar with assurance processes, codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Ability to liaise and co-ordinate with clients, Architects and all other members of the Design Team.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.