Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Application Developer for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Accountable for the development and provision of software applications in line with relevant company policies, processes or external regulations, standards, codes of practice, and best practice. Analysis and programming support to the business in line with the business plan to protect, develop and enhance the Company's brand. Technical lead in the development team providing mentorship for the junior developers.
* Ensure compliance with company processes and procedures relating to the delivery of project.
* Identify key development design patterns for re-use to save time and cost and reduce re-work.
* Lead developer on key projects and ensuring the team delivers to meet requirements.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Act as a lead and mentor to the junior developers in the team and lead 3rd party integrated developers/teams.
* Undertake research and development of new technologies to maintain current knowledge.
* Agreeing approach to delivery within the delivery project team.
* Leading and coaching the project team as appropriate and according to the needs of the individual project.
* Ensure that the team adheres to appropriate delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum and Agile theory, practices and rules, and work as a servant leader within the project team.
* Undertake analysis of business requirements, working with customers to prepare solution designs and specifications for self and others to meet customer requirements.
* Design and build software and software modifications to meet business requirements using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
* Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
* Carry out code reviews across all development deliveries to ensure high quality first time.
* Maintain local software quality documentation to ensure TS800 standards are met.
* Working knowledge of Computing and IS/IT trends and technologies
* Good understanding of programming languages and their application
* Working knowledge of the Company Quality and Safety Systems
* Understanding of Software Configuration and Design Methodologies
Essential Knowledge / Experience
* Experience of Software Development using some or all of the following technologies:-
* Microsoft .NET
* Microsoft Dynamics CRM / XRM
* Microsoft SharePoint
* Visual Basic, including VBA
* Oracle PL/SQL
* Experience of using some or all of the following Development toolsets and supporting technologies:-
* Integrated Development Environments
* Test Management tools
* Configuration Management tools
* Experience of Software Development in some of the following areas:-
* Enterprise Resource Management Systems
* Asset Management Systems
* Geographical Information Systems
* Product Data Management Systems
* Computer-Aided Design
* Experience of working with third parties e.g. Developers, Customer Departments, Users
* Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
* An understanding of the importance of good Information Management
* Experience in IT technical disciplines.
* Awareness of COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology) and how it relates to change and configuration management.
* Is able to demonstrate an understanding of the technical knowledge required and is able to apply appropriately.
* Key understanding of the Standard Delivery Lifecycle and how Development and Testing compliments this SDLC
* Experienced in the delivery of projects in an agile environment
* Experienced (preferably certified) Scrum Master, with experience of other project frameworks such as RUP/ OUP, DSDM, Lean, Kanban
* Experience in some of the following toolsets / Products:-
* Visual Studio, JDeveloper
* SQL Developer, SQL Plus.
* MS TFS, Serena Dimensions
* SQL Server Management Studio
* HP Application Lifecycle Manager
* Teamcenter / Unigraphics NX
* A bachelor's degree in either computer science or systems development, or relevant experience. (Essential)
* Industry Standard Service Delivery foundation qualification (ITIL/COBIT). (Desirable)
* ISTQB Foundation for Testing. (Desirable)
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.