Sitec (a Belcan Company) are currently looking to recruit a Security Coordinator for a Defence Client in North London. The post is for a permanent position and offers a competitive salary and additional benefits.
Our client are looking for a generalist in security, who can see how the different aspects come together to create a wider picture. You will have experience in crisis management, compliance, building security, application and implementation of company security policies, security risks and as importantly - helping and supporting non-security staff understand the importance of security and how it relates to their world.
As a security co-ordinator you will be working alongside physical security, Security Manager, Head of UK Security and the UK Security Governance Team - your responsibility will be for a specific section of their North London site.
You will be working with and gaining support from a range of people to achieve the following:
- Application and implementation of company security policies, directives and procedures
- Ensuring that the requirements of the programme are known, budgeted, achievable, confirm with the current contractual requirements
- All aspects of physical, buildings, infrastructure and personnel security management
- Adhere to standards specified under contract, Security Policy Framework (SPF)
- Manage and maintain compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements
- Report any breaches of concerns as a matter of priority to the Site Security/Security Manager/Governance Team.
- Produce security incident, breaches, occurrence, situational and performance reports
- Co-ordinate the security for travel, including briefings, debriefings, acceptance of trip and equipment requirements from a security aspect
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven track record in the delivery of safe, effective and value for money security operations within Commercial or UK Government, Military or MOD environments.
- Confident and articulate communication - You will be communicating with a wide range of security and non-security people
- An understanding of the UK Government & MOD rules and regulations
- Site Security and facilities management
- Good IT communication and inter-personnel skills
- Knowledge and experience in a corporate or related security environment.
- Any List X experience would be of interest, but not essential.
- This role requires occasional UK travel and rarely non-UK travel
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.