Sitec has a requirement for a Security Architect for our client based in Newport. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Security Architect (SA) is responsible for defining the required Security Architecture and Design of enterprise grade Secure Networked Solutions. This will include but not limited to all security aspects of design and technical compliance as well as ensuring the system achieves security accreditation to the appropriate standards as defined by the customer security standards and policies. The candidate must be familiar and have experience with Certificate based enterprise solutions, PKI.
This role is to provide Security architecture and design skills into the project team leading the security aspect of the design activities and supporting the Solution Design Authority (SDA).
A successful candidate must be UK SC cleared at a minimum and capable of obtaining higher level of clearance.
Coordinating security architecture and accreditation activities on internal and external customer projects including:
* Contribute to security aspects of Infrastructure and virtualisation design and implementation
* Contribute and provide input on security aspects for design and deployment of Microsoft//RHEL and Virtualisation Technologies
* Supporting other enabling technologies (e.g. System Centre, Exchange, SQL Srv)
* Delivering the appropriate level of documentation required for the project
* Liaising with the project managers, engineering teams, test and verification teams and the customer with regards to all aspects of the security accreditation process
* Attending and contributing to Security Working Groups with key stakeholders including the applicable security accreditation authorities
* IA Risk Management including threat analysis, risk assessment, identification of risk mitigations and residual risks
* Provision of security accreditation support to internal and external customer projects to assist them through the project lifecycle to ensure designs, installs and supporting governance and processes are compliant to applicable security accreditation requirements
The Security Architect will need to build and maintain good relationships with the following stakeholders:
* Customer and associated agencies
* MOD Security authority
* NATO Security authority
* System Design Authorities
* Third party COTS product suppliers
The SA is the Security authority for all aspects of the technical architecture and compliancy for those Services & Solutions within their control.
Formal Education and training:
* Engineering Qualification to Degree or HND level with a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
* ITIL v3 Foundation
* Skilled with the design of complex Directory Based Operating System deployments across multiple security domains.
* Skilled with the design and delivery of a major programme as the SDA in the sphere of Cyber or Network Security supporting multiple security domains.
* CESG Certified Professional (CCP)IA Architect at Senior level
Essential Knowledge of MOD or NATO directives and Cybersecurity, including:
* Developing ICT or Security Policy at a Government or Enterprise Level
* Have worked and led multi-disciplined in both a research and delivery based Organization(s)
* Knowledge of Enterprise Grade Certificate Services & PKI - either in delivery or utilisation.
* Expertise in implementing a directory based authentication and rights management solution including the implementation of security clamps and security designs
* Detailed knowledge on Installation, configure and troubleshoot RedHat Linux Server 5.7 7.5
* Microsoft Windows Security (GAP, Security Compliance Manager, Windows Firewall)
* Knowledge of MOD directives/standards, security accreditation strategy/process and security organisation
* Knowledge of cybersecurity, IT system and networking concepts and protocols, and security methodologies, risk management processes and frameworks, national and international laws and policies (related to cybersecurity), threats and vulnerabilities, operational impacts of
Highly Desirable NATO architectural knowledge, including:
* Knowledge of MOD or NATO architectural patterns and design principles (e.g. Information Exchange Gateways, Federated Mission Networks, Deployable Communication and Information Systems and Deployable Operations Gateways)
* Knowledge of NATO directives/standards, security accreditation strategy/process and security organisation (e.g. NSAB, NCIA and NCIRC)
* Experience in the design and implementation of secure inter-domain solutions and gateways
* Significant experience in IT Systems and Application Hosting Environments environment and exposure to architecting enterprise-level N-tier applications
* Experience on implementing messaging solution.
* Knowledge of formal architecture methods (MODAF/NAF/TOGAF)
* Windows 2012
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Workstation operating systems
* Distributed Active Directory Management
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to SC level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.