Sitec has a requirement for a Section Manager (Paint) for our client based in Desford, Leicester.
This role is on a 12 month contract. Pay rate is DOE.
As a Section Manager you will lead teams and supervise people in the Paint Plant sections to maximise efficiency in quality, velocity and cost.
Job Duties/Responsibilities of Section Manager (Paint)
* Monitors and improves shop floor safety.
* Aggressively eliminates unsafe processes.
* Assures fixtures, tooling and processes are followed to meet production schedules.
* Determines priorities and sequences jobs.
* Schedules and prioritises constrained resources, and adjusts staffing to meet flow and customer requirements.
* Determines and executes disciplinary action when appropriate.
* Procures and distributes production material to meet schedules.
* Ensures preventive maintenance is performed according to schedule.
* Implements Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification and Evaluates, assess, identify and leads the deployment of workforce training.
* Section Value Stream Mapping; - Actively deploys section value stream improvements.
* Practices and teaches CPS Guiding Principles
* Initiates and conducts process improvement dialogues with Team Leads and Team Members
* Drives root cause corrective action projects and drives continuous improvement
* Leads section status reporting and monitors / audits section metrics
* Leads the creation, implementation and training of standard work procedures.
* Experience showing good understanding of BIQ.
* Experience demonstrating working knowledge of CPS.
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Able to produce relevant reports.
* Experience and CV demonstrating confident use of Excel.
* Ability to confidently in complete presentations and training related to the role.
* Experience demonstrating project work/RIWs Desired.
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
* Previous leadership experience in a professional or personal capacity.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.