Sitec has a requirement for a Satellite Electrical Systems Engineer for our client in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Reporting to the Head of Electrical Test Engineering (Satellite AIT) - the Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of test procedures and test sequences for Satellite system testing during ambient and environmental test campaigns.
The successful candidate will prepare, debug and execute complex test sequences on flight spacecraft and test benches. Writing test reports and supporting test readiness and non-conformance reviews.
JOB PROFILE - Satellite Electrical Systems Engineer
* Interpretation of electrical and functional test requirements from test specifications
* Provide test solutions to meet the test specification requirements, from planning and kick-off meeting, through test sequence coding, procedure preparation and debug to execution.
* Close out tests with Post Test Review and Test Report
* To provide technical inputs to project test reviews (Test Readiness Reviews, Post Test Reviews, Test Review Boards and Non Conformance Review Boards)
* Development and debug of Automatic Test procedures (ATP) using a bespoke high level S/W language (Open Center checkout system based on the Elisa language) to test the spacecraft systems
* Preparing and executing spacecraft system investigations in line with actions from Non Conformance Review Boards (NRBs).
* Support Spacecraft systems functional and performance tests during environmental test in Munich, Germany (Reference test, TVAC, Magnetic, EMC, functional and performance tests) and potentially launch activities in Florida.
* Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Current hands-on experience of writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft tests from the Central Checkout System (CCS). Knowledge of Elisa and/or Open Center would be an advantage.
* Working knowledge of TMTC Databases.
* Spacecraft systems and subsystem technical knowledge and awareness is essential, e.g. Data Handling, Packet Utilisation Standard, Data Bus Communications - 1553, Spacewire, Attitude &, Orbital Control, Star Trackers, Gyros, Momentum Wheels, power systems, batteries, Solar Arrays, Thermal Control, heaters, thermostats, FDIR, Spacecraft Configuration Vectors
* Programming and scripting languages, particularly writing and debugging Linux/Unix bash scripts is an advantage. Knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, python, TCL, VBA would be useful but not essential.
* Competent in the use of various test equipment used for electrical measurements, e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, current probes, Data acquisition unit, data bus monitors (1553 MilBus and SpaceWire probes/analysers) would be an advantage.
* Spacecraft electrical and harness knowledge
* Familiar with the Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Awareness of 'cleanroom' disciplines.
* Knowledge of Model Based Development & Verification.
* Willing to support shifts and travel overseas on test campaigns essential.
* Writing test sequences/scripts for execution of spacecraft systems tests including FDIR from the Central Checkout System (CCS).
* Electrical/Spacecraft Systems fault investigation and test sequence debug.
* Environmental and launch test campaigns.
* Preparing test procedure and sequences from test specifications, writing test reports and supporting test and non-conformance reviews.
* Electrical integration of equipment on a test bench or spacecraft
Education & Training
* Minimum of a degree in an Electrical Engineering related discipline or relevant experience in a similar role for 5+ years
* Spacecraft system engineering
* Complex electronic systems testing in the Space sector
Successful applicants will be required to be security screened and obtain a Basic disclosure certificate on appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.