Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Sales Manager - Aerospace for our client based in Aztec West, Bristol. This is a permanent role with a salary up to £40,000.00 p/a (+ commission).
Westworld Consulting is a business development organisation that represents a range of overseas aerospace companies who are seeking to increase or develop sales within Europe. We are a small business that act as sales representatives and business development consultants.
Working on behalf of our international clients you will be working to acquire new sales opportunities within the European Aerospace supply chain.
You will be selling our clients products and services to aerospace OEMs, 1st and 2nd tier companies. Our clients' manufacture a broad range of products from tubes & ducts through to fluid-management, precision machining, forging, and electronic components for aircraft
The role is sales/business development activity based in the UK but covering the whole of Europe. You will have direct responsibility for managing a number of client accounts - selling on behalf of these clients and helping to develop strategy. This will require that you are self-motivated and work independently, whilst calling upon a small internal team to support you.
Once you have developed an opportunity you will be responsible for liaising with the client and the internal team to ensure that the client responds in a timely manner to RFI/RFQs. Communicating with the potential customer to try to glean pricing targets or any other insights which may increase the client's chances of success. Whilst the client is responsible for putting together a bid and pricing you should draw on your experience to offer any support or guidance that will increase their chances of success.
Key Responsibilities of the Sales Manager - Aerospace:
* Constantly find and develop new customers and opportunities for our clients.
* Actively grow and manage relationships with our clients' existing customers to ensure they are the supplier of choice in Europe within their niche and to seek new sales opportunities.
* Engage, establish and maintain points of contact and relationships within target organisations from engineering through to procurement.
* Pitching and presenting independently or in partnership with our clients you will travel regularly around Europe and occasionally visit our clients in North America.
* Setting up, facilitating and participating in conference calls between clients and potential customers to support the sales process.
* Systematically calling, emailing, visiting targets on behalf of our clients to develop sales opportunities, uncover projects and create awareness of our clients' capabilities in a professional and targeted manner.
* Systematically researching and identifying additional points of contact within target organisations using CRM tools, LinkedIn and the web.
* Researching and identifying additional target companies based on client capabilities.
* Maintain strong sales administration including use of CRM to follow up all leads, enquiries. Continuously logging activities and intelligence, updating information, adding contacts, and entering new accounts from our target list.
* Understand and communicating our clients' value proposition effectively and persuasively to target companies in person and via telephone.
* Report regularly to our clients (bi-weekly/monthly) on sales activities, progress, strategy and way forward. Requiring regular calls to North America at times to suit our clients (e.g. EST/PST) and regular written reports.
* Ownership and development of overall sales strategy for your clients with appropriate support from a small team when required.
* Attending and representing clients at tradeshows and events throughout Europe - including Farnborough international and Paris Le Bouget for example.
* Aerospace / engineering background with experience working within the European aerospace supply chain in and around Europe.
* Positive and energetic phone and presentation skills, ability to interact with people at all levels from Senior managers through to buyers. Excellent listening skills & strong writing skills.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
* Ability to direct and manage others and think strategically.
* Strong interpersonal skills to quickly build trust/rapport and relationships both in person and over the phone.
* Must be organised, detail and process oriented with good time management skills.
* Proficient with standard business productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, gotomeeting)
* Familiarity with LinkedIn, CRM systems and other sales tools.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a business development or sales role.
* Comfortable working in a small company environment.
* Willingness to travel regularly with work outside normal hours.
* Experience selling precision engineering / contract manufacturing services and precision engineered products
* Existing contacts within the European aerospace community
* Ability to speak other languages (English/French/German/Spanish)
Salary / Package:
Up to £40,000.00 p/a (+ commission) and salary also includes holiday entitlement
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.