Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Account Manager (Engines) for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Account Manager - Engines
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, childcare vouchers, potential car cash allowance, contributory pension scheme, share scheme
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. They are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base and respond quickly to their needs. Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) is a Global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts business supporting customers worldwide.
Perkins have a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager to join their team at the Perkins Engines facility in Peterborough.
Reporting to the General Sales Manager responsible for Global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) in the Construction & Industrial Sectors, this is a unique opportunity for someone to join the dynamic and rapidly changing direct sales environment.
As an Account Manager you will rapidly gain direct sales experience through frequent exposure to multiple divisions within a Single Global OEM with principle offices based in the France, but regionally present in a significant number of countries.
Working to an agreed set of Account plans, this role has the responsibility for the development of Pocket Margin, Sales Volume and revenue within the assigned customer portfolio. This role increasingly will have responsibility for development of new opportunities assigned directly by the IPSD Sales and Marketing leadership team generated by the Micro Market philosophy.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop existing Account Plans to maximize share of wallet / pocket margin with each existing and OEM's assigned in the future.
* Develop upon the existing relationships with key decision makers at each OEM.
* Engage customers to share their long-term plans and establish yourself as a trusted advisor in their decision making process relative to engine sourcing
* Conceive and present Caterpillar products and propose how the OEM can integrate our products into their machines to deliver greater value than the competition
* Direct internal resources and follow through to achieve the resolution of issues in all aspects of the supplier / customer relationship
* Develop & negotiate Long Term Action's (LTA's) where applicable, at mutually beneficial terms
* Become the Voice of the Customer within our Business, and the Voice of our Business within the Customer
Sales Development / Growth:
* Lead all sales projects, from identification of opportunities in conjunction with Micro Market teams to development of the product offering with IPSD Product Management and Applications engineering
* Develop and present commercial proposals clearly demonstrating at all times growth in OPACC pocket margin plus volume where applicable
* Participate as required in Sales promotional activities
* Generate credible forecasts with or on behalf of the OEM representing their short, medium and long term plans. Maintain forecast accuracy at target levels
* Develop Continuous Improvement activities, both internally and with the customer. Propose improvement activities using 6 SIGMA - participation in projects as required (Green Belt)
* Propose solutions to the customer from our current product portfolio, where the customer requires a solution beyond our current NPI activity work cross functionally for the establishment of Product Objectives
* Identify and lead the development and / or improvement of sales processes and sales tools (order administration, project management, invoicing, applications engineering, product support, etc) to increase customer satisfaction and IPSD operational efficiency
* Feedback to central services: customer & competitor information.
* Work all aspects of the customer supply relationship, from opportunity identification through to timely cash collection.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXTERNAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU WILL HAVE;
* Prior Sales or sales related process experience is highly advantageous
* Previous experience with working with Customers or Suppliers
* Good commercial acumen
* Building effective strategic working relationships, both internally and externally
* Highly motivated "Self Starter", with the ability to travel at short notice
* Ability to identify a problem, articulate it clearly, generate a plan and progress it to a solution involving others as appropriate
* Confident in influencing those internally and externally to the business
* Effective listening skills, leading to the ability to listen to VOC, gain VOB and present back to the customer Win/Win solutions
* Ability to thrive in uncertainty, with changing priorities in a rapidly unfolding environment
* Drive solutions through to results
Closing date: this role closes for submissions is 27/09/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.