Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Safety Specialist for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicant will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
Provides general / industrial / nuclear / explosives safety advice, guidance and operational support for the staff deployed within specified facilities and programmes and within the central ESH sub-function. Follows agreed strategies in line with relevant legislation, industry standards and clients policies, procedures and guidance. Completes data reporting and associated documentation.
* Risk Assesment related work
* Support to re-fit / project work (design and process reviews)
* Training and accrediting : Emergency responders, facility and operations induction, Risk Assessors, Duly authorised persons)
* Support to event reporting (investigations, data analysis etc.,)
* Operational and facility walkthroughs
* Safety System of Work reviews, monitoring and sampling
* ESH Governance, Operational experience and Learning, Wellbeing support
* Asset Change support
* Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for conventional health & safety are communicated and understood.
* Maintaining and promoting high standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality.
* Production of health & safety documentation for a project and/or portfolio.
* Support to the local ESH Improvement Plans (culture, communications, etc.).
* Promoting learning and improvement through operational briefings, toolbox talks and presentations.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Qualifications and / or Professional Memberships
* Level 3 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety, NEBOSH Construction Certificate or NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent - Essential
* IOSH grade of Affiliate, Associate or newly upgraded TechIOSH (in order to develop H&S competence through continuous professional development) - Essential
* Level 5 Qualification e.g. NVQ Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice, NEBOSH Diploma or BSC Diploma or equivalent - Desirable
* Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience - Desirable
* IOSH Grade of CMIOSH or GradIOSH - Desirable
* Positive, self-motivating and responds positively to change.
* Takes responsibility for their own decisions and understands the impacts on their area.
* Inquisitive nature and desire to drive constant improvement.
* Self-confidence to challenge long established processes and activities.
* Commitment and willingness to undertake necessary training and update knowledge as and when required including CPD.
* Lead by example, visibly demonstrating Company Values: Pride, Innovation, Excellence and Trust.
* Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
* Computer literate (IT/IS).
* Safety advisor experience in a high hazard environment.
* Investigation and inspection techniques.
* Aspects of emergency response in a high hazard environment.
* Customer service related tasks and duties.
* Evidence of effective team working.
* Good knowledge and ability to interpret relevant legislation.
* Previous experience of dealing with external Regulators desirable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.