Sitec has a requirement for a Safety Engineer to work for our client based in Bristol. This is a contract role for an estimated 4 months.
The Safety Services Group (SSG) provide Safety and Environment Management support to the In Service Submarines (ISM) Project Team, supporting the management of In Service Submarine Safety Cases, Safety & Environmental Management Systems and providing safety and risk management expertise to the MoD.
The SSG Senior Safety Engineer is essential to the technical delivery of the our clients outputs under the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) contract. Responsible to the SSG Head of Department (HoD) and Safety Engineering Manager for project delivery via routine & project tasking.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
* Support the SSG Safety Engineering Manager in the management of SSG project delivery, including task/project identification, definition, delivery, budget management and cost control and stakeholder liaison.
* Project manage/ conduct Safety Services Group projects as directed by the SSG Safety Engineering Manager.
* Assess and provide advice to the MoD on submarine material state issues by way of the production of submarine Safety Summary Reports.
* Support the Safety Services Group Safety Engineering Manager in the delivery of safety engineering outputs, participating in activities in areas such as design change, Naval Authority Certification and safety assessment of submarine systems and equipment.
* Provide technical review of contracted outputs to ensure the correct level of quality is achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Professionally qualified to Incorporated Engineer level or equivalent with an appropriate institution.
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline. A lesser formal qualification supported by relevant experience will be considered.
Experience / Nuclear background:
* Experience of Naval Reactor Plant systems, ship systems and operation is desirable.
* Experience of submarine systems with an appropriate background in submarine design, support or operations.
* Experience of the application of Safety and Risk management techniques.
Successful candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.