Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Safety Case Author for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 6 month task based contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
* Responsible for carrying out and documenting safety assessments and other technical inputs to safety cases and other safety documentation for a range of hazards including radioactive, explosives and chemical hazards to allow Licence
Instruments to be issued
* Responsible for ensuring that the safety assessments conform to ALARP principles and best practice arrangements
* Responsible for providing advice to project engineers on safety requirements and ensuring that an ALARP design is achieved
* Contribute to the production of pre commencement safety reports for a major project through: Interactions with the regulators at Regulatory Interface Meetings
* Ensuring the relevant quality requirements for assurance assessments are met and that corporate arrangements are followed.
* Carrying out and documenting hazard identification and undertaking a full assessment of the identified hazards using deterministic and probabilistic techniques for the pre commencement safety cases.
* Using the output from the assessments to derive safety requirements and to work effectively with the design engineers to ensure a safety led design solution from which the associated risk can be demonstrated to be reduce to acceptable
* levels which are ALARP
* Use features of the final design and the output from the safety assessments and design substantiation to derive the safe operating envelope and demonstrate that the associated risk has been reduced to levels which are acceptable and ALARP
* Providing visible commitment to safety improvement programmes
* Understand the importance of meeting customer, statutory, regulatory and internal requirements
Skills & Experience
* Degree (or equivalent) in a science or engineering based subject or equivalent work based experience
* Good working knowledge of the production, review and approval process for safety documentation within a nuclear facility
* Health and Safety Management
* Company Safety Procedures & Quality Procedures.
* Knowledge of company facilities, processes and operations
* A working knowledge of current health and safety legislation and the ONR licensing regime
* Relevant experience in the field of safety assessment for radiological, chemical and explosive hazards.
* Experience in the nuclear industry
* Excellent inter-personal/negotiation/communication skills.
* Good report writing skills.
* Good presentational skills
* Computer literacy with Microsoft Office.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.