Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Operations & Technical Support Advisor (Safety Case Author) for a Nuclear Decommissioning site in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 24 month contract and is paying competitively up to £40.00 per hour on an Umbrella or PAYE basis only (Inside IR35) for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
To support the Safety Case Manager in preparation, delivery and implementation of safety case documentation.
* Prepare documentation in support of safety case implementation activities; Clearance Certificates (CC), Safety Case Implementation Plans (SCIP), Plant Modification Proposals, Live Safety Case Summary (LSCS)
* Support the Periodic Safety Review Process with particular emphasis on the management of safety case shortfalls
* Undertake amendment of operations (OI), Maintenance (MI) and Proof Test Instructions (PTI) in support of safety case implementation
* Provide advice to projects on the scope and boundaries of the safety case and ensure production of fit for purpose safety cases in line with the Safety Case Development Principles (SCDP)
* Present documents and undertake technical secretary role for safety committees e.g. Management Safety Committee (MSC)
Experience & Skills
* Analytical and logical thinker with the focus and ability to follow complex audit trails
* Strong communication and report writing skills
* Ability to work in a team
* Good report writing skills
* Knowledge and/or experience of working with safety cases and nuclear site practices (desirable)
* Engineering / scientific background (desirable)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
Please check your spam folder for replies to applications!
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.