Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Safety Assistant Technician for a nuclear MoD establishment near Reading. The post is an estimated 30 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this position.
The Assistant Technician will:
- Report to the Client Nuclear site Supervisor for all matters relating to quality and safety. No un-supervised work should be carried out.
- Within their SQEP capability, undertake all work as instructed by the site supervisor, in accordance with the requirements of the task documentation, (i.e. Method Statement, Implementation Plan, Risk Assessments etc) with due care to minimise the potential for disturbance to site plant equipment.
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them.
- Comply with the requirements of the CSG Management System.
- Comply with all applicable Safety documentation as identified by the Site Supervisor or client.
- Refrain from interference with anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc)
- Use any Plant and Equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- Inform their Supervisor of any situation considered to represent a safety concern.
- Report to their Supervisor any shortcomings in protection arrangements for Health and Safety.
This is an entry level position.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.