Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Safety Assessment Specialists for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The posts are for an estimated 6 month contract and are paying competitively on a PAYE or Umbrella basis only for a 5 day week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
* Responsible for transport and operational safety inputs.
Position in Organisation
* Direct report to Head of Disposal System Assessment with no direct reports.
* Close liaison and interaction with Operational Safety Manager, Transport Safety Manager, Packaging Assessment Managers.
* External contacts include the supply chain and peers from international waste management organisations.
Scope of Job
* Provision of transport and operational safety input to disposability assessments.
* Development and maintenance of transport and operational disposability assessment toolkits.
* Implementation of toolkits within the supply chain.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
* Provision of transport and operational safety input to disposability assessments
* Conduct package-specific operational and transport disposability assessments.
* Manage contractors carrying out operational and transport disposability assessments.
* Develop and update procedures for carrying out operational and transport disposability assessments.
* Development and maintenance of disposability assessment toolkits
* Specify requirements for numerical modelling toolkits in line with evolving generic safety cases and changes in regulatory requirements.
* Specify and manage contracts with external suppliers to provide disposability assessment toolkits.
* Ensure that all data and calculation methodologies incorporated in toolkits are appropriately checked and verified.
* Implementation of toolkits within the supply chain
* Ensure that all contractors carrying out work using the toolkits are supplied with the latest versions of software and are trained in its use.
* Confirm by inspection, checking and audit that suppliers are using appropriate input data when running toolkits and that outputs are credible.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
* Good first degree in science or engineering subject.
* Chartered membership (or working towards it) status in relevant professional institute.
* Good knowledge of radioactive waste and waste packaging processes.
* Good understanding of operational and transport safety cases
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.