Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Safety Assessment Specialists for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6-12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
* To provide extensive specialist subject matter expertise in the assessment of nuclear, explosive and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product.
* Advise on strategies for the development of safety assessments (safety case/safety basis/risk assessments).
* Develop and deliver complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
* Leads and manages the technical input to the planning and production of safety documentation.
* Delivers safety assessments and other technical safety documentation to agreed companies standards.
* Monitors the production and delivery of safety documentation, using appropriate metrics.
* Ensure the implementing safety documentation requirements meet the standards set in the MSPs.
* Provides technical input to the production of Company and SESH policy, guidance and strategy.
* Provides technical input to the design and/or delivery of technical training.
* Mentor SAS Assessors and Senior SAS members as part of a planned development activity.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in security, environment, safety and health.
* Lead a Safety Assessment Specialist team in the production, delivery of safety justification / documentation and through the governance process.
* Take ownership of safety justification / documentation as directed by HONS or SESH Management
* Ensuring that company strategies, policies and management system requirements for safety are communicated and understood
* Contributing to processes that assess performance of the development and use of safety assessments and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
* To assist with verification and checking safety documentation.
* Mentoring others in safety assessment approaches, documentation and techniques
* Maintaining and promoting high standards in security, environment, safety and health
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
* Deputise for HONS in meeting when requested.
Essential - Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or extensive practical experience.
Desirable - Professional membership to a relevant charted body
Technical: Safety Assessment Specialists are expected to be able to undertake a range of techniques. A list of common techniques is included in the Capability Matrix. The specific skills/ techniques that are required for a role/deployment will be identified as part of the tasking process. Extensive knowledge of these techniques is anticipated.
Business Skills: Excellent interpersonal / communication skills, report and presentation skills.
* Application of technical skills across the nuclear lifecycle (project - decommissioning)
* Application of skill across different hazard types (i.e. proportional risk assessment).
* Extensive experience in the field of safety assessment for radiological, chemical and/or explosive hazards
* Experience in a nuclear, high hazard and/or highly regulated industry
* Experience of several Domains (Management system, Front End, Project design, Commissioning, Operations, Decommissioning).
* Experience from across the nuclear lifecycle (projects - decommissioning).
* Experience of skill from across different hazard types.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.