Sitec has a requirement for a Risk Manager for our client based in Fareham, Hampshire. This is a contract role for an initial 3 months but with potential to be extended.
The max rate of pay is up to £450-£480/day LTD Company rate, dependant on experience.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Risk Manager will ensure robust risk management methodology is applied to the development, documentation and implementation of projects to the highest of standards.
You will be responsible for demonstrating a methodical and structured approach you will drive delivery against milestones and have the ability to communicate with all stakeholders at all levels across a cross-functional team. The Risk Manager will support the Head of Programme Management in the development of a defined risk management strategy by being a passionate risk specialist with excellent risk management experience.
* Direct report in to the Head of Programme Management and develop and maintain detailed risk, issues and benefit plans to multiple projects
* Manage the development of a risk strategy plan and risk register, monitoring progress and reporting risk and issue management.
* Support Solution Leads in identifying risks and issues associated with their plans including development of the single Risk Management solution is developed.
* Capture and track risk and issues to ensure visibility and provide regular reviews and reporting to all key stakeholders
* Ensure risks are clearly categorised with particular emphasis on proximity (when it is likely to occur) and impact (severity of risk) and recorded on a master Risk Register
* Generate a risk awareness culture across all teams.
* Ensure all risks have appropriate tolerances assigned and clear escalation criteria if the tolerance is exceeded.
* Manage risk appetite is in accordance with corporate guidelines set at executive level and Risk Policy
* Collaborate on the Client Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerances that will be discussed and implemented with a clear aim to minimise client risk exposure
* Engage with stakeholders to achieve a common purpose and realise mutual benefits
* Provide clear communication on risk management progress to all internal and external stakeholders
* Provide support with bid writing against risk section of customer documents
* Work collaboratively across the team to continuously improve and identify opportunities for streamlined ways of working
* Perform any other reasonable duties from time to time which, in the company's opinion are within the job holder's capability
* Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times
Technical Experience and Qualifications Essential Desirable
* Business degree qualified or equivalent
* PRINCE 2/APMP MQ
* Management of Risk (MoR)
* Competent in all Microsoft packages
* Experience using Viso or other project & Risk management tools
* Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
* Project & Risk management experience
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience of high level transformation projects
* Experience of risk, issues and benefit management of multiple mobilisation, transition and planning projects
* Proven experience in the support of delivery of complex and diverse projects
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and work closely with senior business leaders
* Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with senior customers / stakeholders and supporting with developing solutions to meet business needs.
* Strong business partnering and people management skills with the ability to build effective working relationships
* Able to work within a structured bid team environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.