Sitec is pleased to be offering the role of Risk Manager for our client based in Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role for 6 months however a permanent opportunity is also available.
The pay rate for this role is £42k - £59k dependent on experience.
This role is within the Marine Sector. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
Purpose of Risk Manager
To lead on risk/opportunity management and modelling across business winning and project delivery phases, primarily in complex situations, and to develop and maintain the associated management arrangements.
Principal tasks and responsibilities to include:
* Develop / implement and maintain the Project Risk & Opportunity Management plan
* Provide risk and opportunity management support / governance to the business winning phase & project definition / delivery phases
* Provision of Risk & Opportunity management policies / procedures / process and instructions
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for risk & opportunity management process through the project lifecycle
* Provision of training material / support to all stakeholders involved in risk and opportunity management
* Responsible for establishment and on-going maintenance of bid / project risk and opportunity registers
* Responsible for the identification of mitigation actions the regular monitoring of these
* Responsible for coordinating monthly risk and opportunity review and the minutes / actions as a result
* Provide a schedule and cost risk analysis capability across business winning and project definition / delivery phases
* Determine the need for Risk & Opportunity Management training of project personnel and arrange for its delivery
Generate the required Risk & Opportunity reports and statistics & where appropriate present them to Senior Management both internally & to the Customer
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
A minimum of three years in a specialist risk & opportunity position having worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.
Bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or related field.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.