Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Risk and Loss Prevention Engineer to support turnaround projects for 2020 for a Private Oil and Gas Company in Mossmoran, Fife. The post is initially for a 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Start date: April / May 2019.
Scope of Work
Process Safety Engineers are responsible for providing process safety engineering expertise to the plant operating teams.
* Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
* Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project's goals, objectives, and procedures.
* Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
* In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
* Act as a role model in process safety leadership and drive standards across the organisation
* Actively work to drive effective and robust risk reduction across site
* Advise and support the operating teams on day-to-day and medium term process safety engineering management, including: assessing risks and developing risk mitigation plans
* Support the site's Facility Risk Assessment and Management programme, including performing HAZOPs and other risk identification activities.
* Support new projects by providing guidance on process safety for new designs and performing safety reviews.
* Maintain process safety databases, including the Risk Catalogue
Skills & Qualifications
* 10+ years of environmental , Health and Safety experience
* 8+ years of Loss Prevention experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
* Broad and extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Specific Job Requirements/Skills
* Risk study & consequence analysis are core skills. Project experience is not required
* Risk studies or conduct consequence analyses, e.g., toxic gas dispersion modeling.
* Develop and update safety standards, instructions, codes, and formalize them into company documented practices as required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.