Sitec has a requirement for an RF Test LabVIEW Engineer for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract position for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay is up to £45.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Reporting to Head of Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) Test Systems, the RF Test LabVIEW Engineer will work within a team of test system specialists to develop and deliver RF test systems used during telecom satellite payload test phases.
After delivery, the systems require support in the UK (Portsmouth) and occasionally abroad in France (Toulouse). This may include test investigations, reporting evidence, attending customer meetings and working closely with other engineering teams within AIT and the Telecoms Payload business, division supporting technical aspects of Engineering and Test.
The role requires the person to be self-motivated to work and manage their time efficiently to meet the project schedule dates.
MAIN ACTIVITIES/ DELIVERABLES:
- Develop RF measurements from customer requirements
- Development and maintenance of LabVIEW test executive and libraries of tests
- Integration of new features into existing system
- Produce product documentation, technical and status reports
Qualifications and skills:
- Formal NI qualification with experience developing software in the Test and Measurement field
- Experience of LabVIEW Object Oriented Programming and Classes and Actor Framework
- Experience using RF test instrumentation: Network Analysers, Spectrum Analysers, Power Meters, Signal Generators and Arbitrary Waveform Generators with modulation techniques
- Knowledge of Test Instrumentation control (SCPI)
- Knowledge of satellite architecture and RF test methods typically used within the satellite industry
- Have a working knowledge of other software tools and languages (XML, Subversion (SVN), MATLAB)
- Team player able to integrate easily and quickly into existing AIT teams
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.