Sitec currently have a requirement for a RF Microwave Design Engineer role for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of up to £40p/hr Ltd DOE.
An RF - Microwave design Engineer with experience of front-end transmission / reception circuits and products is needed to join an established RF equipment design group to develop SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters, Receivers and Beacon equipment for satellite communication payloads from UHF through to Ka band. Familiarity with design and manufacture for high reliability harsh environments is highly desirable. The ability to employ your skills in a flexible and adaptable manner will open this position to a trained individual. Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be involved at every phase of the product lifecycle.
Key Responsibility Areas of RF Microwave Design Engineer
* Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment; including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
* Undertake detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up using Keysight ADS
* Perform development testing of own designs and support to the lead engineer
* Generate equipment analysis documentation for internal and external Design reviews
* Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level
* Technically Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge of RF Microwave Design Engineer
* The candidate will be educated to degree level with a good pass (upper second as a minimum) in an engineering related subject
* Experience in RF-Microwave circuit design and development of sub-system architectures for high frequency analogue equipment, ideally (but not essential) in satellite communications.
* Recent experience with Keysight ADS (preferably version 2011 and later)
* The candidate must possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics
* Substantial analytical and technical problem-solving skills particularly within a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to liaise with internal projects and component suppliers.
* Self-motivated team player capable of working with minimum direction
* Experience using RF and microwave test equipment
* Experience in design for high reliability and harsh environments
* Familiar with new product introduction, Dfm, DfT
* Excellent communication skills
* Team player
* Drive and Commitment, maintaining high standards
* Ability to produce clear concise technical design documentation
Intrinsic Job Factors:
* Occasional travel within the UK, Europe & North America/Canada
* Tight Deadlines (regular or ad-hoc)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.