Sitec has a requirement for a Rewards and Benefits Consultant for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
Our client is looking for a Rewards and Benefits Consultant for up to 12 months to support the design and implementation of a reward strategy that is fully aligned to business needs and enables attraction and retention of critical skills and recognises performance in a matrix structure.
SCOPE & BACKGROUND:
Reporting to the HO Reward - the Rewards and Benefits Consultant will lead a Reward Work Stream as part of an integrated project to improve and simplify legacy HR working practices, policies, processes and employment conditions specific to our clients environment.
The project was set up following the re-organisation of our clients business and the recognition that the company needed to operate as 'one entity'. The purpose of this project is to remove legacy barriers to new ways of working and a key element of this activity is to define and implement a common approach to reward that is aligned to strategic intent.
The initial scope covers 3,000 employees in four legacy groupings. There are a multitude of HR initiatives in progress within the wider organisation and one of the key challenges will be to quickly determine how the Reward Work Stream will integrate the scope of work into this environment and identify opportunities to co-ordinate activities to create and communicate a compelling employee value proposition with regards to reward.
Our client are looking for a suitable professional who has experience creating Compensation & Benefits packages for large companies and has a detailed understanding of the market and interpretation of what competitors are offering so previous experience is a must. Alternate Job titles would likely be:
* To quickly understand the ADS Reward Strategy and existing landscape (and make contribution to its ongoing development for UK).
* Lead the implementation of Job Value exercise that will provide a common job architecture and provide clarity on the relative value of jobs (in line with clients chosen methodology)
* Carry out market rate analysis and determine appropriate grade and pay structures
* Define how employee benefits will be applied across Grades and align legacy policy (including addressing anomalies e.g On-call pay )
* Understand wider companies initiatives and philosophy regarding variable pay (out of immediate scope but a key consideration and dependency)
* To take every opportunity to create an 'integrated' approach to Reward to allow employees to be aware of 'Total Reward' package (e.g. appreciation of Pension provision and influencing the implementation of Flexible Benefits ).
* To define and agree an ambitious implementation plan with specific deliverables, milestones, dependencies and costings in a well-defined Work Stream Definition Document. Implementation plans should include how proposals might be integrated into pay review processes / discussions.
The job requires a seasoned Reward Specialist who has experienced projects managing the migration of multiple approaches to common reward practice aligned to business needs.
Key areas of experience will include:
* Strong business and cost focus (evidence of being able generate opportunities to create value through effective Reward practices)
* Total Reward mind-set.
* Experienced in Job evaluation, grading and structuring pay policy aligned to market.
* Must be comfortable managing complexity and change; and to communicate clearly.
Successful applicants for this role must be able to obtain a BPSS level clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.