Sitec has a requirement for a Responsible Engineer - Civil Structures, for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract position, for an estimated 6 months.
The max rate of pay on a contract basis is up to £40.00 p/hr LTD Company, but this is dependent on experience.
Within Western Europe's largest naval base, engineers have been shaping the dockyard to ensure it supports the fleet and protects the nation.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme, including Astute and Dreadnought class.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
As Responsible Engineer - Civil & Structural Systems; ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined Requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
* Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
* Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
* Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
* Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
* Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
* Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences - the candidate should have experience in:
* Experience of design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions; particular experience in dock structures preferred;
* Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings;
* Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
* A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Preferably Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.