Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Reliability & Product Support Project Team Lead for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
Salary Range: £50,000 to £60,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
£6960 Car Allowance (Depending on Experience)
12%- 18% Bonus (Depending on Experience)
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Relocation Support: May be considered
*** Flexible working maybe consider***
In addition to a very competitive benefits package, our client also offers the following to our employee's
* Annual merit salary increase based on individual performance
* Opportunity to request sponsorship for professional membership
* Continuous learning and development
* Long term worldwide career opportunities with an evolving and dynamic Engineering department
Caterpillar Inc is the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
Within Caterpillar, Advanced Components and Technology (AC&T) is responsible for electronic and electrical (E&E) systems development across all CAT engine and machine platforms. Based in Peterborough, the European Division of AC&T works with all CAT's European facilities to develop and apply advanced technology to the control of our highly integrated engines and machines. With unrivalled levels of vertical integration within the industry, AC&T's systems help to maximise the customer value and efficiency of Caterpillar's end products, whilst minimising owning and operating costs.
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European Division and is responsible for development and implementation of E&E control systems for diesel engines developed by Caterpillar in the UK.
JOB PROFILE/ RESPONSIBILITIES - Reliability & Product Support Project Team Lead
Leading a small team, the successful applicant will be accountable for all aspects of Product Quality, Reliability and Product Support on the engine E&E control system developed by the Division.
* Monitoring Product field performance against targets and customer expectations, identifying improvement opportunities, instigating actions and reporting outcomes to Stakeholders
* Leading multiple complex Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) projects to deliver customer solutions using 6 Sigma methodology
* Perform proactive reliability analysis and carry out activities to mitigate New Product Introduction (NPI) risk, including
* New content analysis and reliability predictions.
* Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) planning, prioritisation, facilitation and recording.
* Validation planning, tracking and reporting.
* Project coordination and accountability for APQP on all E&E Engine NPI programmes.
* Leadership of projects for the implementation and improvement of processes associated with E&E Quality, Reliability and Product Support.
* Supporting, coaching, mentoring and developing team members to ensure customer expectations and requirements are met.
* Strong technical background - ideally a good technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering - though consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
* Proven Project and Team Leadership experience
* 6 Sigma Black Belt with experience gained in an Engineering discipline
* Coaching and mentoring skills to support and develop team members
* Strong communication, problem solving and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
* Knowledge of engine electronic control systems
7th September 2018
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.