Sitec are currently looking to recruit a number of Regional Construction Advisors for our client based in the following locations : Scotland, South East, Wales and the South West although sometime at the start of the contract time will be spent at the clients Bristol office. The posts are an estimated 18 month contracts and are paying competitively on a Ltd basis (Negotiable dependent on experience).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
* Managed by the Construction Department located at Bristol, the Regional Construction Advisor is a site based position providing construction technical support at nuclear sites throughout the UK.
* Reporting to the Head of Construction, the Regional Construction Advisor is to provide onsite construction expertise to help improve work delivery, and ensure adherence to the latest UK legislation and Construction Industry safe working practices.
* To help ensure a common basic approach and methodology to construction activities is adopted across all sites, each Regional Construction Advisor will work closely with the site construction managers within their designated region.
* They will also ensure that any potential issue, shortfalls etc. are reported into the Construction Department for action and that any policies, practices, notifications etc. issued are actioned accordingly.
* To fulfil this role the applicant must have an extensive background in Construction Management and/or Site supervision within a high integrity / heavy construction industry.
* They must also have demonstrable knowledge of the legislative and safety aspects of managing a Construction Project in both Greenfield and brownfield environments.
* Experience of Decommissioning / Controlled Destruction of structures within an operational environment will also be advantageous.
* Formal qualifications in Project / Construction / Safety management are also desirable due to the need to understand the technical and safety compliance requirements at the individual sites.
Role Activities and Responsibilities
The following points briefly outline some of the specific activities to be undertaken and responsibilities for this role:
* Attend site and establish relationships with Construction Managers and Site Engineers within designated region.
* Demonstrate a clear knowledge of Construction Industry legislation, standards and best practices, and in conjunction with the site management, help ensure these are applied on site.
* Ascertain status of current and planned construction activities (including programme) and help ensure these are available, visible and understood by all stakeholders.
* Assess all planned and ongoing works in line with current CDM Regulations - Identify any shortfalls and/or areas of concern and report these through to the Head of Construction for assessment and action.
* Assist/Mentor Construction Managers/Site Engineers wherever possible.
* Encourage best practice from an outside construction point of view and share knowledge using demonstrable examples where appropriate/ applicable.
* Share findings with stakeholders within own region and ensure these are reported into Head of Construction to help provide a platform for standardising specific procedures.
* Encourage and help project teams to plan works and implement proactive roles & responsibilities.
* Work alongside peers within local project teams to help demonstrate the benefits of being proactive and report positive findings to the Head of Construction so any applicable findings can be actioned by advisors across other sites.
* Promote the positive aspects of working alongside and provide visibility of the Construction Department to the local site personnel.
* Be approachable and proactive in providing support when requested/ needed.
* Share knowledge, listen to any local concerns raised within your region and, if necessary and/or requested, provide a logical mediation process to help provide an acceptable outcome to any construction process disagreements between stakeholders.
* Educated to HNC / HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* Registered CDM Coordinator and commitment to maintaining CPD
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate or suitable higher level safety qualification
* Chartered member of an appropriate professional body
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.