Sitec currently have an opportunity for a RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety) Engineer to join our client based in Herfordshire. This is an amazing opportunity to join our client on a permanent basis. The pay rate is DOE and negotiable.
Description of the job
Do you love looking at the bigger picture? Are you looking for a role where you can work on projects to be proud of (analysing Mars and exploring the Earths surface)? Where training is not only provided but encouraged - not just "on the job", but also certifications and qualifications? Where you can achieve your personal and professional goals whilst supporting your team mates?
Then we'd like to chat to you!
Due to organic growth and a wealth of new projects we are looking for a RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) Engineer. You will be joining a growing and evolving UK team (6-8), who are part of a larger transnational team of 50. The UK team is looking forward to moving into their new, purpose built, offices and building.
This role will best suit someone with in-depth Electronics experience from industries such as rail, oil & gas, aerospace, engineering, components, RF (Radio frequency), automotive, nuclear, medical and other similar electronics industries.
As a RAMS Engineer you will be reviewing the equipment that's going up into space, reviewing external equipment, ensuring quality standards are met and ensuring reliability of equipment.
This role comes with occasional travel, UK / European, dependent on projects and departmental needs.
RAMS ensures proper support to concept solutions during development and in-service phases.
The objective of RAMS is to support the design definition and assess that the products delivered by Airbus Defence and Space are dependable and safe as required by the legal and regulatory requirements, customers' specifications and in-house policies.
The primary objective of your goal is to analyse candidate designs of all space products developed in Stevenage such as major ESA and/or NASA science spacecraft launched to explore mars or analyse the earth surface or its atmosphere. You will also be involved in a wide range of product development such as propulsion subsystems, navigation, digital processors etc.
Main / key responsibilities of the role:
- Assessing/understandings of customer requirements.
- Performing all required Project RAM analyses (e.g. FMEA (Failure modes and effacts analysis / Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Statistical Reliability/Availability Analysis etc.)
- Performing all required Project Safety activities such as safety analysis, production of safety submission documents
- Performing trade-offs and redundancy optimization studies.
- Working in close collaboration with design engineers (e.g. HW, SW and Operations), technical architects, external customers and suppliers to achieve mission objectives.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- In-depth Statistics and Reliability Mathematics experience and background
- RAMS engineering processes methods and tools: FMEA, Fault tree, reliability analysis
- System and equipment engineering related technical disciplines (Electronics, Electrical, Thermal, Mechanical, Operations and Software), with a specific focus on electronics and system engineering.
- Excel with VBA macro development.
- Knowledge of relevant standards (dependability and safety standards).
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.