Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Radiometric Instruments Calibrator to join our client based in Berkeley. This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and has a pay rate of £14p/hr Ltd.
Provide technical delivery capability in the calibration of radiological instrumentation
Key Results Areas
* Undertake calibration and minor repair of radiation and contamination monitors
* Accurately record and present all associated results to comply with QA standards and requirements
* Record use of all spares and consumables to ensure all items are accounted for
* Work pro-actively to maximise instrument throughput
* Provide radiation monitoring duties as required to ensure efficiency of Metrology, Dosimetry & Field Services operations.
* Provide support to instrument type-testing activities as required.
* Identify and implement efficiency initiatives to minimise the cost base without effecting quality or delivery; focus on customer satisfaction
* Undertake other tasks as required to contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the Metrology, Dosimetry & Field Services
* Delivery of calibrated RPI for verification by the Qualified Person within required timescales with completion of all scheduled daily and weekly checks on equipment/facilities used.
* All records are clear, complete, accurate and meet internal Quality policy and audit requirements.
* All spares accounted for and continued availability of all common parts, spares and stock maintained.
* Cell operational time maximised.
* Radiation monitoring duties provided according to agreed schedule for routine facility monitoring and support to group operations as required.
* Support provided to type-testing activities as required
* Initiatives identified to reduce cost, improve efficiency and/or increase technical or commercial leverage; demonstrable customer focus
* All personal objectives and targets are demonstrably achieved; assistance given to other group/corporate requirements where required/appropriate.
* Instrument calibration experience would be an advantage
* All training will be provided on the job.
* Ability to follow procedures
* Attention to detail (accurate recording of results)
* A-level / ONC in scientific or engineering; existing employees without these qualifications will be considered if radiometric calibration experience demonstrated.
* Knowledge of radiometric instrumentation
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.