Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Radio Systems and Infrastructure Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment
To support the business in providing a high quality communications environment by providing and
managing the provision of Operational and administration expertise to the User community.
- Minimum: ONC in electronics or equivalent experience / qualification in the field.
- Qualifications or equivalent experience working on Layer 2 and 3 networking systems
- TETRA experience, working knowledge and equivalent qualifications
Nice to have:
- Teltronic TETRA systems training - willing to train in
- TETRA systems engineering training
Key requirements and essential skills for the role:
TETRA engineer, Systems engineering background, IP networking, Electronics (Time Served).
- TETRA engineer
- Systems engineering background,
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- A strong team player
- Willing to work in a tightly regulated environment
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of working on IP networking equipment
- Working knowledge of windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Experience on working within a project team.
Deliver Technical Excellence
- Provide a resilient cost effective highly available infrastructure to the business on top of which hosted services can be deployed, managed and maintained.
- Core Radio System Support - Build / maintain and manage the provisioning of Radio environments to the company, in keeping with current SLA's, through effective processes, KPI's and problem management.
- Be responsible for diagnosing and following through to resolution any problems, escalating to team members or other teams and vendors when required.
- To maintain technical skills to allow us to benefit from new and emerging technologies in order to make supportive decisions.
- Interrogate system logs and identifying potential issues with systems and infrastructure.
- Implements strategies to prevent system downtime and potential failures.
- Perform and manage routine audits of systems, assets and software, to ensure system integrity
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, software and system management tools.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Proactivity development plans/designs and install new hardware/software to maintain and improve service availability and redundancy.
- Act as a focal point for providing answers and direct inputs to technical queries and to provide technical direction to project, facility and contract staff; on system infrastructure design and installation requirements.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.