Sitec are currently looking to recruit 2 Quantity Surveyors for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The posts are an estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Core Role Purpose
To provide a commercial management / quantity surveying service to Site Assets Project Team covering pre and post contract for new builds, civil construction, mechanical and electrical, refurbishment, utilities, demolition and decommissioning.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Undertake tender evaluation and make recommendations.
* Prepare contract management documentation in conjunction with project manager.
* Review, challenge and agree contractor quotes in accordance with contractual terms..
* Prepare certificates for payment.
* Provide cost reporting.
* Provide professional advice and guidance on contractual and financial matters to assist in minimising clients exposure to commercial risk.
* Demonstrate compliance with the ethics policies of both client and the Royal Institute of Surveyors.
* Maximise shareholder benefits.
* Deliver business outputs.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
* Demonstrate commitment to client "Values"
Environment, Safety, Health, Security & Quality
Consistently demonstrates positive behaviours in relation to environment, safety, health, security and quality in line with the 'Our ESH Culture' framework.
in line with the Company's environment, health, safety, security and quality standards.
Shape the Future
* Embrace change and encourage others to do the same.
Build Effective Relationships
* Fully engage with all members of project teams to the benefits of the Project.
* Act in a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation with client suppliers.
* Demonstrate self-motivation and enthusiasm.
* Deals effectively with difficult or challenging situations.
* Does not avoid conflict.
* Willing to engage in difficult conversations.
Energise the Team
* Be pro-active.
* Use reasoned arguments to influence significant outcomes.
* Deliver commercial requirements to time, cost and performance.
* Responds positively to the needs of customers
Model Personal Excellence, Integrity & Accountability
* Accept accountability.
* Customer and stakeholder focused
* Encourages feed back from others.
* Promotes a safe and secure culture.
Evidence required to demonstrate competence
Knowledge, skills & experience
* Demonstrate a good working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services contracts.
* Knowledge of working in the nuclear industry would be an advantage.
* Provide an adequate response to a safety or security situation
Qualifications and/or professional memberships or equivalent
* Ideally a Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
* Full driving licence
* Prepared to undertake minimal travel including overnight stays..
This vacancy is being advertised by GED Sitec Ltd. The services advertised by GED Sitec Ltd are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.