Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Airport Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be based in their Leicester offices on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months initially.
Main purpose of the Quantity Surveyors role:
To be accountable for the contractual and financial viability of contracts to be delivered by our clients Airports Division and to be the commercial link with customers and sub-contractors.
To deliver accurate valuation of project works including variations/compensation events together with reporting of costs in connection with the Project Manager and team.
Advise and communicate the contractual requirements of NEC 3 Contracts to Project team.
Key Duties and responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor:
* Ensure Terms & Conditions are aligned with our clients policies
* Drafting of contracts and other commercial documents and understanding of the consequences of contract terms for the business.
* Identifying business risks in bids and relevant mitigations, opportunities and ensuring that assessed risk is built into commercial terms.
* Liaison with Finance in raising of bonds and bank guarantees.
* Supporting tendering departments in costing bids and advice on the appropriate mark- ups.
* Supporting the bid managers in the preparation of the Win Plan and the commercial approach and price to win
* Ensure appropriate flow down and management of conditions and risk to supply base.
*Reviewing and authorising bids and contracts in accordance with our clients Delegation of authority.
* Negotiating contract conditions with Client.
* Liaise with Procurement in preparing responses to terms & conditions and preparation of suitable terms & conditions for unsolicited bids.
Commercial Post Contract Management:
* Attend site on a weekly basis or as the project requires.
* Change management of contracts.
* Negotiating contractual disputes.
* Identifying business risks (i.e. risk to profit margin) in contracts and relevant mitigations and opportunities to increase margin.
* Advising Line Manager on compliance with contractual obligations.
* Supply chain commercial management.
* Improving commercial awareness within the project.
* Actively participate in project risk and opportunity reviews.
* Supporting our clients internal approvals and ensuring project risk is appropriately disclosed.
* Supporting the procurement department in the preparation of the procurement plan and in ensuring appropriate terms and conditions and risk is flowed down to the supply base.
* Supporting procurement in the management of supply contracts and sub-contractors.
* Attend or chair Project meetings as required.
* Assist the Project Manager in the identifying contract change.
* Advise the Project Manager of both opportunities and risks.
* Participate in project financial reviews in conjunction with the project management team to evaluate cost variances and prepare corrective action plans.
* Liaise with the client's project commercial team.
* Support the Project Manager on the project controls customer reporting on projects.
* Participate in lessons learned meetings for all completed contracts, ensuring that any issues experienced are noted and improvement actions identified.
Skills and Abilities required of the Quantity Surveyor:
* PC Literacy particularly the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
* Ability to plan and organise multiple workload requirements.
* Ability to prioritise work load and deliver to set deadlines.
* Able to work as part of a team when required but equally able to work without team support when needed.
* Able to manage and co-ordinate working groups consisting of people from differing elements and levels within their organisations.
* Ability to make an effective contribution at a senior level and to deal successfully with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
* 5 years proven and demonstrably successful commercial experience in Commercial Management of multi- discipline contracts.
* Significant knowledge of the NEC3 suite of contracts.
Top six skills required of the Quantity Surveyor:
1) Ability to review client contracts (NEC3 option A, C, E), ensure compliance to them.
2) Ability to identify and manage project risks.
3) Ability to identify and manage project changes.
4) Ability to create commercial contracts with supply chain.
5) Ability to work as a key member of our project delivery team.
6) Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and be a good team player.
Candidates must hold or have the ability to obtain an Airside pass for UK Airports.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.