Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Supervisor for our client Caterpillar in Stafford. This is a permanent role.
OVERVIEW OF THE PACKAGE
Standard hours: 37 Hours
Salary Range: £45,000.00 - £53,000.00 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 12% bonus, Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee's
contribution up to 10%, Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Relocation: Not available
Caterpillar's Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) is currently seeking a Quality Supervisor at the Stafford, UK facility. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team delivering projects and assignments that will make significant contributions to the LPSD business.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Quality Supervisor within the Stafford Quality Team reporting into the Quality Manager. This is a chance to work within a fast paced, ever changing and exciting environment directly contributing to product quality. The role is responsible for the day to day management of a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors across multiple functions within Machining, Laboratory, Calibration and IQA (Inbound Quality Audit).
People are our most valuable asset and you will work with the team to ensure that resources, training, development and coaching are provided to deliver on our commitments. As a Quality Supervisor you will take a proactive role within the team to deliver World Class Quality and Improve our inspection capabilities.
This role represents the opportunity to be pivotal in driving defect reduction, improving machine capability and OEE, facilitating process transformation and managing compliance of the area. This is an important role within the organisation and is fundamental to the ongoing support of our internal inspection teams.
May include, but are not limited to:
* Be accountable for defect reduction within the machine shop.
* Responsible for governance of quality metrics (Defects, Scrap etc)
* Develop processes to drive proactive inspection starting with IQA.
* Embed Process Control to assure Predictable Excellence.
* Be responsible for new process and machine sign off by the Quality team and actively engage during planning.
* Lead and coach the team to ensure all quality targets are achieved
* Own calibration of all tools and gauges across the facility.
* Maintain and improve the documented procedures for area covered.
* Manage the inspection team for Machining and Inspection
* Lead, Coach and Develop a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors.
* Take ownership of Employee action plans.
* Develop close working relationships across the facility to drive collaborative problem solving and issue resolution.
* Implementation of Vision Zero Strategy and compliance to statutory and procedural requirements.
* Ensure well being of employees by implementation of pro-active practices and processes e.g. 5S Audits, Safety Walks and risk assessments.
* Ensure all activities have complete risk assessments.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Previous Quality Management experience is essential, ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
* Working knowledge of Machining processes, engine components and functional product requirements.
* Knowledge of quality processes and proven problem-solving skills.
* Experience of leading a Quality team and delivering results.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Good PC Skills (MS Office).
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
* Ideally, already 6 Sigma Black belt qualified or willing to complete Black belt training.
* Accreditation to a Professional Body ie CQI etc
* Awareness of Risk Assessments
* Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree.
Monday 9th April 2018
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.