Sitec has a requirement for a Quality Manager for our client within the Defence industry. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Stevenage. The max pay rate for this role is up to £26.00 p/hr LTD Company.
Our client are looking for a Quality Operations Manager with an aviation or automotive background that can deliver an end to end quality approach, taking something from design to production.
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate technical competence and leadership with the ability to adapt and deal with change. They should demonstrate the ability to organise various interfaces in a positive manner is key.
ACCOUNTABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY
* Deploy and operate Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) for specific Landing Gear developments (e.g. Major Modifications); collaborating with various departments (for Vendor/Supplier interface);
* Deploy and operate Practical Problem Solving (PPS) for specific Landing Gear industrial and in-service issues (e.g. Major In-Service Problem); collaborating with various departments (for Vendor/Supplier interface);
* Ensure specific operational feedback loops across Landing Gear departments to contribute to Customer satisfaction (e.g. reduction in Non-Conformances
MAIN TASK / ACTIVITY
* Contribute to promoting Quality mind-set across Landing Gear organization (e.g.voice of customer, cost of quality, prevention, right first time, continuous improvement); collaborating with various departments and Programme Quality;
* Contribute to quality planning activities, projects and overall deployment of QMS in EL; collaborating with various departments and Programme Quality;
* Lead deployment of FMEA and PPS for specific areas based on organizational or process triggers; collaborating with various departments and POEL (for Vendor/Supplier interface);
* Perform specific FMEA work (e.g. exploration, data analysis, workshop facilitation, documentation, tool / reporting) as part of MFT* or with relevant stakeholders; including assuring FMEA effectiveness and adherence (e.g. robust failure mode identification);
* Perform specific PPS** work (e.g. investigation, data analysis, workshop facilitation, documentation, tool / reporting) as part of MFT* or with relevant stakeholders; including assuring PPS effectiveness and adherence (e.g. robust root cause identification);
* Perform monitoring and controlling work (e.g. root cause investigations, working to DCR/CAPA system, risk identification, solution development, transparent reporting and escalation) for specific Non-Compliances/Conformances based on organizational or process triggers; collaborating with various departments and Programme Quality;
* Actively contribute to engagement, digitalization and communications initiatives, such as providing content to EL and QEY Weekly Reports, Landing Gear & Quality communities "blogging" and content (via Airbus HUB) and "Wiki" developments.
*MFT usually includes Engineering (EL, EV), Procurement (POEL), Chief Engineer rep. (e.g. BKE)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge: Experienced practitioner in QMS and its application to product development, production and/or maintenance. A working level knowledgeable experience of engineering and/or industrialization topics (ideally familiarity with complex hardware/software systems, such as Landing Gears);
Competence/Skill: (i) Minimum level 2 proficiency, but preferable level 3, in FMEA and PPS; (ii) Minimum level 2 proficiency in QMS, NC management, surveillance, project management, business processes, continuous improvement, make/implement decision & orientation, interact & influence and communications.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.