Sitec have an interesting role for a Quality Engineer (Line Side) to work on our client's site in Broughton, Flintshire, Near Chester. This is a contract role with an estimated duration until 31/01/2019 initially.
With an hourly rate of £25 Ltd Co (or the PAYE Equivalent) this may be enhanced with shift rates if shift working is required.
The applicant will Lead and drive the resolution of complex quality issues and continuous improvement projects by setting the measurement standards and identifying/facilitating improvements to increase process performance and product adherence to standards, reliability of processes and repeatability of processes. At initial design phase, before any process changes are made and continuously through the life of a product.
Quality Line Side Engineer
Job Title: - Quality Line Side Engineer.
Reports to: - Product Quality Manager
*Airbus Production Line Management
*Integrated Quality & Engineering.
*Airbus Training Centre.
To support the evaluation, co-ordination and monitoring of achieved levels of conformity in the product, process and services provided by the Manufacturing Business.
To provide specialist Quality support and advice on drawings, parts, processes and support services, and to independently assure that Quality requirements have been met.
To ensure that staff are developed to attain the necessary knowledge / skills, performance and experience and that the tools, systems and procedures with which they work are developed to support efficient business processes.
Quality Line Side Engineer Role:-
For task reporting directly to the Quality Group Leader, will identify daily activities in line Quality department / business requirements.
The Product Quality Manager will facilitate the Quality Line Side Engineers Personal Training & Development through the annual performance review process, to ensure individual Quality Line Side Engineers training & development needs are addressed & any future personal aspirations are progressed in line with business requirements.
Major Activities of Quality Line Side Engineer: -
* Assures that the Quality system is being adhered to within the business, by the business, through surveillance activities.
* Assures that certification processes are consistently defined and applied within the business.
* Co-ordination and leadership of reported quality / technical issues from business teams and customers, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken by the accountable function through use of multifunctional team activities and that the originator of the issue is informed.
* To perform initial investigations (e.g. 8D, Retouches, PB's, CQLB's, RNCA's, NCA's) to assess probable cause, informing the accountable function and ensuring corrective and preventative action is taken within one shift, preventative action to be taken through problem solving analysis through multifunctional team activities..
* To perform process conformation and surveillance activities on all the product and process related activities conducted by those individuals who have been granted certification privileges.
* To conduct investigations to assess the probable cause of any deficiency noted during process conformation activities, informing the accountable function and ensuring corrective and preventative action is taken.
* The facilitation of the use of Quality tools and techniques within the business area.
* Provide support to the Quality Group Leader / Product Quality Manager for the day-to-day management of Quality Line Side Engineers.
* Creation of customer protection and visual management of issues.
* Data collection for conformance management teams.
Provide support to customers/authorities as necessary
Quality Line Side Engineer Skills:-
* Generate for approval relevant departmental reports
* Co-ordinating the MFT resource to work on tasks as required
* Ensuring Manufacturing Manager & Product Quality Manager (and feel) well supported
* Ensuring quality of output from MFT resource group
* Contributing to work on tasks
* Prioritisation and escalation of tasks and issues
* Understanding of Airbus Engineering Processes and Procedures - DESIRABLE.
* Understanding of Airbus Quality Processes and Procedures - DESIRABLE
* SAP Awareness and experience
* Lean Manufacturing Tools and Techniques
* Green/Black Belt
Previous Line side experience is required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.