Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine, Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Quality Engineer to be based at their Ashton South Bristol Facility on a contract basis for an estimated 3 Months initially.
Due to a backlog of documentation within Goods Inwards and production an additional Quality Engineer is required to pull back schedule.
* Checking in parts and documentation.
* Route Card Check.
* Sign off of production documents.
* Undertake the final inspection of product as directed by the Supplier Quality Manager.
* Assist the production with lessons learnt with the use of tools for corrective and preventive action and continuous improvement.
* Compile and produce analysis and trend reports on Quality related information to enable improvements.
* Communication of the production quality requirements to the production team, and educating the production team in the impact of the requirements.
* Review and approval of Quality related documents both internally and from the supply chain as required e.g. configuration management plans, supplier quality plans etc.
* Provide assistance in the generation of Production Plans and Documentation, e.g. Production Plans and Specifications.
* Undertake assurance activities including regular review to ensure that the requirements of the contract continue to be met.
* Assist Production Teams as nominated Quality representative with regards quality related matters and queries, including being the point of contact for customer quality assurance.
* Assist in process investigations and issues arising to reach a conclusion that may result in corrective and preventative action.
* Management and sign off of non-conformities, deviations and concessions, this is internal facing.
* Communication of production related Quality requirements throughout the Quality team as required.
* Previous document check experience essential.
* Successful candidates will be pro-active and have a structured and systematic approach to work.
* Candidates will possess excellent communication skills at all levels, enabling effective liaison within production teams and other areas of the business.
* They will have a good understanding of production quality, ONC, HNC, NVQ Level 3 qualification and in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing or distribution based environment.
* Have a background in a highly regulated industry and be familiar with the quality levels and disciplines required. Defence or aerospace background desirable.
* Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems (IS09001, AQAP, AS91 00, etc.)
* Computer literate with good keyboard skills and understanding of MS Office applications
* Will have a good working knowledge of quality tools and problem solving techniques e.g. (pareto, FMEA, 5 why's, 80, etc.)
* Good time management skills.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidates will be required to undergo a basic UK security check.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.