Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer for our client Caterpillar, at their site in Peterlee. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
This role is fundamentally a reactive quality role responding to the daily quality issues found in the manufacturing facility. A sense of urgency is vital. From the initial concern the SQE will confirm the problem and determine a short-term action plan with the facility management and the supplier. The objective being to ensure the manufacturing operations can continue operations without a detrimental impact to the process from a quality perspective. In conclusion the job manages the Corrective Action Process on Supplier Related Quality Issues. Deliver Global Leverage with Local Service Excellence.
Major Role: - Reporting directly to the site based Platform Purchasing Manager this role is responsible and accountable for managing supplier related quality issues relating to Product Production, Pre-Service or V.E.H.R (0 Hour) and Warranty (Processing and component returns). This role will include initiating supplier driven containment activity (to ensure that production schedules are not prejudiced) reviewing and approving 8D Corrective Action Plans.
Customer: - Using 'site based' reporting systems (QSI, ISIR's, QCIR's, MRDR's, POU documentation) this position will communicate supplier corrective action details to ensure that the customer is totally confident in Containment and Final Corrective Action Plans.
Leadership: - This position has no direct reports. The incumbent must exhibit strong leadership qualities to ensure that suppliers agree to and deliver Containment Action and facilitate Program Timing and Final Corrective Action, in accordance with the 8D process. Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization.
Supplier Management: - Responsible for maintaining accountability with the suppliers to establish containment plans related to quality discrepancies. Will ensure the supplier is developing corrective action plans to enable operations to continue with minimum disruption.
Relationships: - maintains close working relationships with:
Product Engineering Groups
Production Managers and Personnel
Logistics and Material Planning Groups
Supplier Development Engineers
* The position requires an engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies for Caterpillar Products.
* Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures is required.
* The position requires a bachelor's degree - or equivalent experience, preferably in engineering.
* A minimum two years of job-related experience or the equivalent education is required.
* Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside of Caterpillar.
* Solid ability to use and demonstrate statistical and problem solving tools is required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.