Sitec are pleased to be offering the role of Quality Engineer for our client based in Filton, Bristol
This is a 6 month contract with a pay rate of 24ph Ltd
The successful individual will be a member of the transnational Quality team QESC for the Engineering Airframe competence centre ESC, they shall represent QESC within the business, working autonomously whilst deploying quality initiatives and contributing to the resolution of complex Quality issues and continuous improvement projects.
They will act as a quality focal point to the Airframe competence centre (ESC) management team and manage the interface between ESC team members and the Quality organization.
* Define and report quality measures and prepare quality reviews in ESC.
* Provide support on quality issues within ESC e.g. Follow Safety Related Items (SARI's)and contribute to resolutions and root cause analysis, Practical Problem Solving (PPS),
* Take a leading role in the deployment of Quality initiatives in ESC, monitoring progress and supporting gap closure,
* Communication on quality standards and requirements to ESC,
* Process Performance and Product Adherence to Standards.
* Reliability of Processes.
* Repeatability of processes, at initial Design phase, before any process changes are made and continuously through the life of a product.
The successful individual will be supported in their fulfillment of these accountabilities and will be able to call upon the expertise within the QESC team.
- English negotiation level
- Others e.g. German, French or Spanish are a plus
Specific tasks will include
- Facilitating Practical Problem Solving meetings within the business
- contextual analysis of PPS and their feedback loops to PPS stakeholders
- supporting the resolution and monitoring the progress of Safety Related Items (SARI's)
- Generating or contributing to the compilation of various quality Reporting
- Extracting and interpretation / analysis of data from Databases
- Collect and combine Data into monthly reports
- Follow up of actions
- Support creation of PDCA Sheets
- Follow up of business Quality initiatives self-assessment and reporting
- Evaluation of evidences provided by the business self-assessment, based on a set of criteria (does a certain evidence document fulfil the requirements)
- Deputising for Process Quality Managers, attending Process Review meetings, facilitating continuous process improvement activities and resolution of non-conformities
- Experience in undertaking Practical Problem solving or other quality improvement methods
- Good Excel skills
- Good Powerpoint Skills
- Good Communication and Questioning Skills (e.g. Call before write)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.