Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Quality Engineer for our client Caterpillar diesel engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Shrewsbury
Responsible for supporting Caterpillars Quality Management System for a business division. Advises operations teams on production and product issues based on customer feedback through investigation, analysis and team leadership to resolve quality issues and drive continuous improvement. Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs Quality Assurance for a business division by performing product test procedures, validating product specifications, performing audits, and leading product reliability improvements via Caterpillars New Product Introduction program and Continuous Product Improvement programs.
* Develops plans and tools to support quality systems and related processes for a business division.
* The incumbent provides support for quality programs and certifications, as well as Lean Manufacturing and systems implementations.
* Supports business division employees tracking continuous quality improvement projects and a quality scorecard, leading internal quality programs, developing related training programs, conducting internal quality audits and facilitating management reviews.
* A degree in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline (or equivalent). Some relevant work experience.
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field - preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
* Thorough knowledge of relevant quality concepts, certifications, processes and tools. Strong communications, collaboration and influencing skills.
* Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers.
* Ability to effectively train / coach diverse groups about quality concepts, certifications, processes and tools - preferred.
* Advanced computer skills.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.