Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager - Electronics for our client based in Crewkerne, Somerset. This is a permanent position.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for leading the QA function throughout the business including the day-to-day management of the QA department and supporting our strong constant improvement culture that is absolutely focused on meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Maintaining ISO9001 approval in line with latest BSI Standards
* Ensuring 'best in class' customer service is delivered to all internal and external customers.
* Ensuring that the QMS is maintained, developed and updated as necessary in line with the company's current and future approvals.
* First point of contact for customer Quality issues, responsible for resolution of issues and feedback to Sales team as required.
* Process improvement and automation of QA systems where appropriate
* Day to day management and administration of the QA department.
* Producing and maintaining short, medium and long term strategic plans and objectives for your department(s) as part of the company's business plan and providing six monthly revisions.
* Coordinating the internal audit team, ensuring the company's QMS is reviewed annually.
* Leading and promoting the company's quality philosophies and practices, both internally and externally.
* Control of all automotive product through the company, ensuring these products are handled correctly and that all the appropriate documentation is available and supplied when required.
* Maintaining and developing a knowledge of the company's market, products, industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies.
* Carry out any reasonable request from your line manager+
Other Duties & Responsibilities
* Member of Senior Management Team
* Deputising for Director of Engineering in management of IQD test facility
* RoHS/REACH compliance throughout the company.
* Maintain Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CRMT)
* Signing off new model/ Data sheets
* Generate, control and issue Product and Process Change Notifications (PPCNs)
* Control and maintain the Company's international, national and customer standards library
* Generate and authorise other non-specific company statements
The QA Manager will also hold supervisory responsibilities to a QA Assistant.
* Maintenance of ISO9001 approval/ BSI relationship
* Customer interface skills
* Quality Inspection, external and internal auditing skills
* Highly organised and very effective time management skills
* Process and QA systems improvement
* Certified Quality Auditor, Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) Associate
* Managing Automotive products, including requirements for PPAP and related subjects
* Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
* Electronics industry experience
* Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
* Knowledge of electronics industry regulatory requirements
Languages (written and oral)
* Chinese or German would be desirable but not essential
* Confidential and trustworthy with strong integrity
* Dynamic self- starter able to work on your own initiative
* Tenacious, determined and well organised with meticulous attention to detail
* Adaptable & flexible
* Highly computer literate and able to use CRM, ERP and general office software tools
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Team player with good interpersonal skills
* Methodical with strong planning skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Numerical and statistical analysis
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.