Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Quality Assurance and Control Engineer for a Waste Disposal Facility in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £30.00 - £35.00 per hour on a Ltd basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Disclosure Scotland and a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Quality Assurance & Control:
* To support the Operations & Projects Quality Manager in the maintenance, rationalisation and development of the integrated management system whilst ensuring it continues to meet ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 and all stakeholder requirements.
* Ensuring that the arrangements identified in the Project QA/QC Strategy are implemented within the project; typically this will include the Project Execution Plan, QA/QC Strategy and a suite of project Quality Plans, typically Initiate Project, Concept, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Procurement and Quality Control (Supply Chain Management), CDM, Construction, and Commissioning.
* Populating the supplier Quality Plans and Inspection and Test plans with the appropriate hold witness and review points.
* Preparing detailed Project Quality Plans and Inspection and Test plans.
* Carrying out monitoring, witness inspections, test and verifications as identified in the supplier Quality or Inspection and Test Plan.
* In addition, the nominated Inspection Authority will ensure that the agreed level of Life Time Quality Records are being generated and verified concurrent with manufacturing, installation or build activities.
* In accordance with the Quality or Inspection and Test Plan, will witnessing the final inspections and acceptance of products or items.
* Raising non-conformance report for products that do not satisfy the specified requirements.
* Ensuring the collation of individual supplier/contractor quality performance data and reviewing the associated LTR's.
* Ensuring that the project audit programme is generated implemented and delivered covering projects and quality management system audits.
* Reviewing the Plant Item List and allocating the appropriate Quality Grades to individual items.
* Preparing the Quality Assurance Requirements Form for the Company (QARF) document.
* The QARF identifies the Quality requirements that need to be understood and established for potential tenderer's bidding for work.
* Reviewing the QARF's submitted by individual tenderers and score the submissions in accordance with the QARF requirements.
* Consulting the Supply Chain Knowledge Database, (the Company Contract and Commercial database), in order to review any previous quality performance data.
* Attending Supplier Opening Up Meetings.
* Reviewing Supplier tender submissions for suitability in accordance with the associated specifications.
* Maintenance, rationalisation and development of the integrated management system whilst ensuring it continues to meet ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
* To ensure Product/Project/Goods/Service/Quality; by independent certification, verification and approval of quality plans for products, projects, goods, services and suppliers in line with stakeholder requirements.
* Supplier approval, audit and release inspection of fabricated containers and other items from suppliers.
* Undertake internal audits of the company processes and procedures and participate in regulatory and accreditation bodies' audits and inspections.
* Under take audits at suppliers and customer sites.
* Receipt Inspection of supplied goods and acceptance release in SAP.
* Information Asset and Records Management assurance activities.
* To contribute to the business success by demonstrably improving quality in line with company requirements and seeking out opportunities to improve business performance.
* To assist in delivering both the Sites and EHS&Q Department's objectives.
* To liaise with stakeholders, where necessary e.g. NDA, LRQA, customers and regulators.
Essential & Desirable Skills
* Educated to HNC/HND level in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
* Experience working in major multi-disciplined Construction/Project environment with Civil/CE&I bias.
* Experience working in Quality Assurance & Control, Management Systems & Records Management.
* Hold Lead Auditor Certificate and experienced auditor of both internal and external arrangements.
* Relevant experience in an industrial environment preferably the nuclear industry.
* Engineering/Manufacturing background.
* Good communication skills both oral and written and have a demonstrable ability to work with contractors, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders.
* Must be able to work within a team and be flexible.
* Good IT skills Desirable:
* Member of the CQI
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.