Sitec has a requirement for a Quality Administrator for our client - Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based at our clients site in Desford, Leicestershire.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
For more than 80 years, Caterpillar has designed and implemented the world-class supply chain solutions that have helped make it the company it is today. Caterpillar Logistics UK Ltd was established in 1987 to bring the same supply chain know-how to other companies and decision makers.
Today, this team provides fully integrated supply chain solutions incorporating information technology, warehouse management, transportation management, inventory management and product support, with operations based in Leicester, Stafford and Larne, Northern Ireland.
The UK Logistics Centre is a Manufacturing Parts Node, responsible for supply of critical hardware for manufacture of Caterpillar equipment across the UK and beyond. Based in Desford, UK, a "just in time" approach is employed, where Caterpillar production lines are replenished with material from the UK Logistics Centre every day, ensuring plant inventory is minimised, whilst ensuring a reliable continuous supply.
The Quality Administrator will be involved in responding to customer queries with a part. This may relate to a defect. The Quality Technician will then be responsible for collating information, checking drawings and parts, liaising with suppliers and liaising with customers to track progress for corrective actions.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Executes processes, plans and tools that support global quality systems or related processes
* Executes global quality processes as defined in the Caterpillar Quality Management System
* Coordinate and conduct internal quality audits.
* Administer area metrics and submit local training and documentation as necessary
* Support certification activities
* Collect customer defect reports weekly
* Track the progress of corrective actions across the business to ensure a speedy response to a resolution.
* Bachelor's Degree Engineering/Manufacturing/Maintenance
* Equivalent relevant experience within a role within engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance
* Working knowledge of relevant engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance and standards and practices
* Good interpersonal, communications, teamwork and collaboration skills
* Ability to work with diverse teams of employees and customers
* Personal computer skills and the ability to use standard software tools
* Good written and oral communications skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.