Sitec has an exciting requirement for a Python and Jython Developer for our client based in portsmouth.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months; the max rate is up to £45 per hr LTD.
Project Overview of Python and Jython Developer
This role relates to the SatCom Network Management Product (named SmartDeploy) that has been developed in house at ADS.
This role is to participate in ongoing R&D to configure/customise the Product (SmartDeploy) to deliver solutions that meet customer requirements. The developer will join a "Configuration Team" that will be responsible for delivering all programmes that require product customisation. They will also be expected to make synergies and efficiencies across programmes to ensure for the cheapest, quickest and highest quality solution.
Job Profile of Python and Jython Developer
An exceptional software engineer with proven delivery record and proven development skills using scripting languages (e.g. Python/Jython) and high level languages (Java).
The engineer must have a broad range of experience with software and its applications, experience of Software development using the Agile methodology and knowledge of Network Equipment Configuration. The engineer must be able to work with the System / Software architect to develop and test software components which meet the required specification. The engineer must be able to take ownership of a development area and where necessary engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders. The engineer must be flexible to travel in order to support customer integration phases.
The following key technical skills are required:
* Java Core (current)
* Java Enterprise Edition (current)
* Agile Development Process
The following technical skills are desired:
* Degree level education (to Masters level would be preferable)
* JSF (Java Server Faces) - using PrimeFaces or other JSF implementation
* Spring Framework
* Knowledge and use of major design patterns
* Eclipse / NetBeans IDE
* SVN or similar version control management system
* Network equipment configuration
* HTML & XHTML
* XML Parsing
* SQL Databases particularly MySQL
* Unix/Linux & Windows environments
* Continuous build environments
* Issue tracking systems
* Application Server Containers (GlassFish / JBoss)
* Software & system integration
* Network Management Systems
* Control & Monitoring Systems
* IP Networking
* AJAX/AJAX Libraries
* HTML 5
* Web Services
* Telephony Systems
* DVB Gateway Systems
SC clearance is required for this role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.