Sitec has 2 requirements for Purchasing Analysts to work for our client - Perkins Engines - in Peterborough.
These are contract roles, for an estimated 12 months. The max rate of pay will be up to £23.00 p/hr LTD Company.
The Purchasing Analysts will work on various topics to support the existing team. These roles would suit either an experienced Purchasing Analyst or possibly a Junior Buyer.
- Perform advanced analytical tasks, often of a confidential nature in support of the global supply network Global Purchasing category management and/or site management.
- Manages suppliers by developing improvement plans and support buyers & professionals related to Response Time, Lean Targets Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to enable optimal and efficient operations.
- This role is responsible and accountable for the analysis and maintenance of assigned processes that produce output excellence, builds expertise for the assign process area, and contributing to continuous improvement efforts.
- Includes the analysis and maintenance of procurement and logistics data including but not limited to: purchase orders, quotations, invoices, source catalogs, material rejection reports, tooling records, supplier data/measurement, inventory mgmt. engineered value chains. This role has responsibility for implementation of local or regional sourcing strategy, under the direction of their Manager and experienced Buyers & professionals.
Works effectively with colleagues, customers, and suppliers at all levels.
- No direct reports. Will demonstrate advanced project management skills required to collect, compile, assimilate, communicate, and maintain information as required. Incumbent will assess and recommend solutions related to QCLDM.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within this diverse global organization
Perform analytical and administrative tasks in support of Global Purchasing Supply Network strategic initiatives.
Limited travel may be required to support category, product, facilities, supply excellence or logistics management.
- The positions requires an undergraduate degree from a college / university or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in use of computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, purchasing systems, and e-mail systems is preferred.
- Requires effective communications skills - both oral and written
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
- Preferred that the incumbent is familiar with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques
- Required to be able to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.