Sitec has a requirement for a Purchasing Analyst for our client Caterpillar. This is a temporary role for an estimated 9 months and will be based in Wimborne, Dorset.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Caterpillar Marine Power UK Limited based in Wimborne, Dorset is part of Caterpillar's Marine and Petroleum Power Division (MPPD), which is a truly global organization, with offices and facilities located in 15 countries and on 5 continents. MPPD is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. And is the undisputed global leader in providing best value solutions for the power needs of the Marine and Petroleum industries. Solutions are based on highly reliable products and unrivalled global dealer network provides services to support customers throughout the life of the product.
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Analyst based at Wimborne.
This is a multi-functional position in which job functions vary and may include some or all of the following:
* Resolving invoice grief, checking delivery notes and producing data base reports.
* Creation of Purchase Orders.
* Raising approved new suppliers on data base
* Processing acknowledgements
* Progress Chasing
* Coordinate communications by receiving and passing along e-mails, notices, etc.
* Maintaining shoe vouchers.
* General Administration duties
* Incumbents must be able to organize, complete and maintain large projects such as a database for a process improvement.
* Raising BACS/Visa/Cheque payments.
* Works closely with the plant accounting department to resolve invoice discrepancies.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Ideally, the candidate will have a Purchasing background preferably with a CIP's qualification.
* Also requires personal computer skills and general knowledge of Accounting, Engineering, Materials, Quality Control.
* Must have the ability to communicate and work with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the company.
* PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel are highly desired. Incumbent must have a willingness to learn new technologies, strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities. As this position is in frequent contact with people outside the work group it is essential for the candidate to express themselves clearly and have strong written and oral communication skills.
* The position requires good GCSE grades in English and Math's or equivalent experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.