Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Administrator for our client Caterpillar, at their facility in Peterlee, County Durham. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for the purchasing of machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. The successful candidate will be responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organisation. The Purchasing Administrator should exercise moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
* Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
* Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
* Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
Skills and Competencies:
* Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to analyse financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
* Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
* Ability to predict consumer buying patterns.
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
* Knowledge of supply chain management.
* Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Previous finance-related experience required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.